Low and slow cooked brisket. I cooked this Smoked Brisket Unwrapped on my Weber Kettle Grill. Barbecuing a low-and-slow brisket is a full-day affair. It's grilling the meat indirectly over a long time period that makes beef brisket tender.
This slow cooker brisket needs to cook on low for a looong time. Don't try cooking it on high, otherwise the bbq brisket won't turn out as fork tender. This easy and delicious Slow Cooker Brisket will melt in your mouth and fall apart on the plate! You can cook Low and slow cooked brisket using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Low and slow cooked brisket
- It’s 2 kg of brisket.
- Prepare 2-3 of onions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of treacle.
- It’s 60 ml of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 80 g of soft brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 4 of red chillis.
- Prepare 6 of bay leaves.
- You need 700-800 ml of passata.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Once done cooking, either keep in the slow cooker on WARM, or transfer to a wood board and cover with foil and let rest. The goal of low and slow cooking is to use low temperatures for longer periods of time to evenly cook the meat inside without drying it out. However, brisket cuts tend to have little fat marbling within and even the low and slow method of cooking can leave you with a dry brisket if you aren't careful. However, when brisket is slow cooked for a long period of time, the connective tissue's fibers are broken down and the meat will Back in the skillet, lower the heat to medium low and add some more olive oil if necessary.
Low and slow cooked brisket instructions
- Preheat over to 150 degrees. Then prepare the beef – Season with Salt and pepper and sear the beef until brown all over, in an oven proof pot or tray. Then remove from the pot and set aside..
- Chop and fry the onions until soft. Then add the crushed garlic, bay and chillies (pierced a few times). Cook for a couple of minutes. Then add the passata (Rinse the cartons to add a little more liquid), the Worcestershire sauce and the remaining vinegar and sugar. Cook for a few minutes..
- Meanwhile, mix together the paprika, mustard powder, cinnamon, chilli flakes, oregano, treacle, 2 tbsps of vinegar, 2 tbsp sugar, and a good lug of oil. Then brush the paste over the meat (reserving a couple of spoonfuls for later.) Transfer the beef to the pot and season once more..
- Put in the over for 5 hrs. Then remove and add the remaining marinade, plus some additional liquid if you want it to be a bit looser. Cook for another 30-60 minutes..
- Remove from the oven, shred the beef using two forks and enjoy!.
This easy Slow Cooker Beef Brisket is ultra tender and bursting with flavor! Melt-in-your-mouth brisket slathered with a sticky, sweet apricot bourbon glaze. By SiriusScrilla in Cooking BBQ & Grilling. This brisket is the most delicious, perfectly seasoned, tender and sensational beef recipe I think a I have ever cooked. I used butter instead of margarine, and had no wine, so was forced to use grape juice instead, and it still.