Treacle tart. Treat family and friends to a comforting treacle tart with crumbly pastry and rich filling. Treacle tart is a traditional English dessert, made predominately of shortcrust pastry and golden syrup. The tart is normally served hot with a dollop of clotted cream.
The treacle tart brings back childhood memories of our favourite desserts at school. Make this delicious tart, cut slices as big as your sweet tooth can. Treacle Tart. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Treacle tart using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Treacle tart
- You need of Pastry.
- It’s 150 g of plain flour.
- You need 50 g of salted butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare of Filling.
- It’s 250 g of desiccated coconut.
- Prepare 150 g of breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of golden syrup.
- It’s 50 g of ginger.
Harry Potter fans will tell you it's Harry's favorite dessert! This treacle tart recipe is an easy variation of the traditional and oh-so-lovely British dessert. Harry Potter's favorite dessert: treacle tart, a very simple and delicious homemade tart recipe made with golden syrup, fresh breadcrumbs and lemon juice. In Britain, treacle is a word applied to everything from sticky molasses to golden syrup, which is lighter in character and in color, and an essential component of our beloved treacle tart.
Treacle tart instructions
- Add flour to bowl. Grate butter in on top and then use your fingers to work mixture into breadcrumbs..
- Add water and combine mixture into dough. Cling film and put in the fridge for 30 mins..
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl..
- Roll out pastry to 1cm thinkness. Line in 18inch cake tin..
- Bake the pastry for 15 mins at 170C..
- Add filling to the pastry, and bake in the oven at 180C for 20mins..
A treacle tart may be baked in small tins for individual tarts, or it may be baked in a larger pie tin to. The unflinchingly syrupy, gooey family favourite, crammed into buttery shortcrust, is heavenly served with custard, cream, ice-cream, or all three. See more ideas about Treacle tart, Tart, Recipes. Treacle Tart with Brown Butter, Rosemary and Lemon There was a time not long ago, when the majority of the world may not have.