Treacle tart. Treat family and friends to a comforting treacle tart with crumbly pastry and rich filling. Treacle tart is a traditional English dessert, made predominately of shortcrust pastry and golden syrup. The tart is normally served hot with a dollop of clotted cream.
The treacle tart brings back childhood memories of our favourite desserts at school. Make this delicious tart, cut slices as big as your sweet tooth can. Treacle Tart. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can cook Treacle tart using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Treacle tart
- It’s 500 g of flour.
- You need 125 g of cooking fat.
- It’s 100 g of cake crumbs.
- You need of Molasses.
- Prepare 75 ml of water.
- It’s 125 g of margarine.
Harry Potter fans will tell you it's Harry's favorite dessert! This treacle tart recipe is an easy variation of the traditional and oh-so-lovely British dessert. Harry Potter's favorite dessert: treacle tart, a very simple and delicious homemade tart recipe made with golden syrup, fresh breadcrumbs and lemon juice. In Britain, treacle is a word applied to everything from sticky molasses to golden syrup, which is lighter in character and in color, and an essential component of our beloved treacle tart.
Treacle tart instructions
- 1in amixing bowl put flour,margarine and cooking fat..
- Rub in the mixture together to fine sandy texture..
- Add water and start kneading to fine dough..
- Divide the mixture into two equal portions..
- Using a rolling pin roll into round shapes..
- Place the rolled dough into a greased tin..
- Then you blind bake..
- After the pastry has baked prepare the filling mixture..
- Melt the molasses for few minutes..
- Add cake crumb and stir for few minutes..
- Pour the mixture into the baked pastry..
- Divide into portion after obtaining the final result and garnish with yoghurt..
- Ready for service..
A treacle tart may be baked in small tins for individual tarts, or it may be baked in a larger pie tin to. The unflinchingly syrupy, gooey family favourite, crammed into buttery shortcrust, is heavenly served with custard, cream, ice-cream, or all three. See more ideas about Treacle tart, Tart, Recipes. Treacle Tart with Brown Butter, Rosemary and Lemon There was a time not long ago, when the majority of the world may not have.