Christmas cake. Christmas cake recipes from all your favourite BBC Chefs Mary Berry, Delia Smith, Frances Quinn, The Hairy Bikers and many more. If you're making and decorating a Christmas cake for the first time. Christmas cake is a type of cake, often fruitcake, served at Christmas time in many countries.
This Christmas cake decorating playlist includes all my Christmas ideas and video tutorials, old and new. Find christmas cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. You can cook Christmas cake using 3 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas cake
- You need of cakes.
- Prepare 125 gallon of of self raising flour,200g of plain flour,.
- You need 1/4 tsp of of salt,1 tsp mixed spice1/2 tsp ground cinnamon,1/2 groung nutmeg,250g of butter,250g soft dark brown muscovado sugar,2tsp black treacle,5 eggs,50ml medium dry sherry,1 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence,250g currants,250g sultanas, 250g stoned raisins,250g seed.
My second Christmas cake for this year. The cake was inspired by some old Christmas cards that I have at home. I copied the design on the baubles from actual baubles that I have hanging on my. Rich cheesecakes, old-fashioned fruitcakes, gingerbread, and red velvet cake.
Christmas cake step by step
- soak fruit over night.
- grease tin.
- line the outside with several layers of thicknesses of brown paper standing at least 5cm above the top of the tin.
- sift the flours into a bowl with the salt mixed spice cinnamon and nutmeg.
- then cream the butter and the sugar in a large bowl then beat in the treacle.
- lightly beat in the eggs sherry and vanilla essence.
- gradually beat ina half of the eggs into the creamed mixture.continue to add the eggs and flour mixturs alternately.mix in all the remaining ingrediants except the brandy.turn into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- bake ina heated oven of 140°F. for about 4 and a 1/2 hrs.cover the cake with a double layer of brown paper if it starts to brown a bit to much during cooking.
- leave to cool in the tin then turn out on a wire tray then spoon brandy over for flavour.
- store the cake for a week at the least in an airtighttin.
- then you can ice it and decorate.
Try our traditional boozy fruit cakes along with alternative ideas to serve over the festive season – impressive white snowball cake, boozy rum and raisin bundt cake. Christmas cakes can be made up to three months in advance, so you can get into the spirit nice and early with You can then decorate your Christmas cake with one of our amazing designs below. Try a simple classic Christmas cake recipe for you to cook for family or friends. Follow our step-by-step guide at Tesco Real Food online. It just isn't Christmas without a Christmas cake or pudding.