Christmas Cake. Christmas cake recipes from all your favourite BBC Chefs Mary Berry, Delia Smith, Frances Quinn, The Hairy Bikers and many more. If you're making and decorating a Christmas cake for the first time. Christmas cake is a type of cake, often fruitcake, served at Christmas time in many countries.
This Christmas cake decorating playlist includes all my Christmas ideas and video tutorials, old and new. Find christmas cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. You can have Christmas Cake using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Christmas Cake
- You need 8 oz of butter.
- Prepare 8 oz of dark soft brown sugar.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- It’s 8 oz of plain flour, sifted.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of allspice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 2 tablespoons of black treacle.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of lemon or orange juice.
- You need 8 oz of seedless raisins.
- You need 12 oz of currants.
- It’s 8 oz of sultanas.
- It’s 4 oz of cut mixed peel.
- It’s 3 oz of glace cherries, quartered, washed and dried.
- Prepare of grated rind of 1 lemon.
- Prepare of grated rind of 1 small orange.
- It’s 6-8 tablespoons of brandy (divided).
My second Christmas cake for this year. The cake was inspired by some old Christmas cards that I have at home. I copied the design on the baubles from actual baubles that I have hanging on my. Rich cheesecakes, old-fashioned fruitcakes, gingerbread, and red velvet cake.
Christmas Cake instructions
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, currants, sultanas, mixed peel, glace cherries and grated lemon and orange rind. Add 3-4 tablespoons brandy, stir well and leave to soak..
- Preheat the oven to 300 F..
- Grease and line an 8 inch round or 7 inch square deep cake tin with greased greaseproof paper..
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, folding in a tablespoon of flour after each addition..
- Sift the remaining flour with spices and fold into the creamed mixture, using a large metal spoon. Then stir in the treacle and fruit juice..
- Add the brandy-soaked fruit mix to the cake mixture and stir until evenly blended, then turn into the prepared tin. Smooth the surface, make a small hollow in the center and tie a treble thickness of brown paper around the outside of the tin..
- Bake in the preheated cool oven for about 3.25-3.50 hours or until a warmed fine skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean..
- Leave the cake in the tin overnight to cool completely. Prick the surface all over with a fine skewer, then pour over the remaining 3-4 tablespoons brandy and allow to soak in. Remove the cake from the tin, wrap securely in foil and store in a cool dry place..
Try our traditional boozy fruit cakes along with alternative ideas to serve over the festive season – impressive white snowball cake, boozy rum and raisin bundt cake. Christmas cakes can be made up to three months in advance, so you can get into the spirit nice and early with You can then decorate your Christmas cake with one of our amazing designs below. Try a simple classic Christmas cake recipe for you to cook for family or friends. Follow our step-by-step guide at Tesco Real Food online. It just isn't Christmas without a Christmas cake or pudding.