Fontina Spinach Chicken Roulade. Chicken roulade is a fancy way of saying a chicken roll up, which is precisely what these are. Chicken pinwheels filled with tender spinach, tangy feta and sweet sun dried tomatoes, does it get better than that? These are easy enough for a weeknight dinner, yet fancy enough for dinner guests.
Transfer to strainer and press firmly with back of spoon or squeeze to remove excess moisture. Fresh veggies, cooked chicken, spinach and fontina cheese are enclosed in a puff pastry "braid" and baked until golden brown. Each slice delivers incredible flavor that will have your guests begging for more! You can cook Fontina Spinach Chicken Roulade using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fontina Spinach Chicken Roulade
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare of stuffing.
- Prepare 1 cup of fontina cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced black olives.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fresh spinach.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers or pimentos (in the jar).
Spinach-Stuffed Chicken Roulade recipe: Tasty, filling, and low fat. Loosely roll up chicken, ending with narrow tip, and secure with wooden. These simple roulades are flavourful, healthy and easy – perfect to serve as an elegant main dish. Serve with your favourite pasta or Pound the chicken flat and thin between two sheets of cling film.
Fontina Spinach Chicken Roulade step by step
- Preheat oven to 325° butterfly cut the chicken breasts.
- Place saran wrap over chicken on cutting board or place 2 breasts at a time in a gallon ziplock bag and pound with meat mallet till breasts are fairly thin..
- Season 1 side of breasts with some of the garlic salt. Just till lightly dusted..
- Place 1/8th of spinach flat onto wide end of breasts.
- Then place 1/8th of the cheese (either cut strips or shredded) onto wide end of breasts.
- Repeat with olives and peppers.
- Roll up the chicken breasts nice and snug keeping the stuffing inside. Then tie each end with meat string. Tie a bow so it's easy to pull out later..
- Heat olive oil in skillet on med-high heat and brown outside of chicken. Do not cook through.
- Place rolls into baking dish, spoon a few spoonfuls of the pepper juice from the jar over the chicken. Then season top of chicken with remaining garlic salt, Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese.
- Finish chicken in the oven baking for about 15-20 minutes till chicken is cooked through. Do not cook too long, cheese will ooz out and chicken will dry out..
- Untie string then slice into 1 inch pieces to serve. Enjoy!.
Transfer chicken roulades to a small roasting pan and bake until Cut strings from roulades and place on plates. Spoon pan juices over; serve lemon wedges alongside for squeezing over. Now, I've attempted to make chicken roulades in the past, using strong cheese (Boursin) and savory spinach. There had to be more flavor combinations to work into this As such, I took a gentle, creamy Fontina cheese, known for its rich, herbaceous, & slightly nutty flavor and wrapped it in prosciutto. Fontina and heavy cream lend a richness to this baked penne with shredded rotisserie chicken and spinach.