Chicken Riggi. Rigatoni (riggies) pasta is paired with chicken and spicy peppers in a creamy red/white sauce. Some other popular additions are mushrooms and black olives. In a large pot melt butter and then add chicken.
I know that you will love it! Learn how to make a Chicken Riggies Recipe! Enjoy this Rigatoni with Spicy Chicken Tomato Cream Sauce Recipe! You can have Chicken Riggi using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Riggi
- It’s 8 ounces of hot italian sausage, casings removed.
- Prepare 8 ounces of sliced button mushrooms.
- It’s 1 1/2 pounds of skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, sliced.
- It’s 28 ounces of whole tomatoes with juices.
- You need 1 teaspoon of italian seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of italian sweet peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 of hot pickled red cherry peppers, thin sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of marsala wine.
- Prepare 1 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh parsley, chopped.
- You need 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh basil chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated fresh romano cheese.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 12 ounces of cooked rigatoni pasta.
Watch how to make Chicken Riggies. Chicken Riggies is a fairly simple dish that features rigatoni pasta and cubes of chicken breast tossed in a spicy marinara pink sauce. Red or pink, spicy or sweet, Chicken Riggies is a classic CNY dish. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals!
Chicken Riggi step by step
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and add sausage, breaking it up, add mushrooms, onion, italian seasoning and some black pepper and cook until yegetables are soft.
- Add chicken and stir until browned.
- Add peppers, garlic and marsala and cook scraping bottom until wine is almost gone.
- Add tomatoes, lemon, broth and cream and simmer until thickened, about 15 to 20 mins.
- Add parsley and basil and serve over the cooked rigatoni pasta.
In Chicken Riggies, a thick tomato cream sauce smothers marinated chicken and veggie-rich rigatoni. Chicken Riggies is the creation of upstate New York Italian immigrants. Chicken Riggies – What if You Never Saw This? Way back when, the only way you would've found out about a regional recipe like Chicken Riggies. Chicken riggies is an Italian-American pasta dish from the Utica area of New York.