Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas. Cabbage leaves are the perfect crispy taco shell alternative. Add your favorite taco toppings–pico de gallo, sour cream, avocado and jalapeño–and never miss the extra carbs and Taco Tuesday goes low-carb with a tortilla made of veggies. Cabbage leaves are the perfect crispy taco shell alternative.
Smear a little pesto on each of the tortillas. Divide chicken mixture equally among the tortillas. Roll up bottom third of tortilla. You can have Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas
- Prepare 1 pound of shredded cabbage.
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken thighs boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 1 pint of water.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ground annatto powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped celery.
- It’s 1 of large red onion diced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced green olives with pimentos.
- Prepare 1/2 of large yellow bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 of large red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- You need 1/3 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1/3 cup of finely chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely diced parsley.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 12 of medium-sized flour tortillas.
- You need 1-2 of medium limes cut into wedges.
The cabbage slaw was so refreshing with the chicken and the mango. I couldn't get my tortillas to stay so I used an elastic band to keep the tortillas on the ramekins. My husband thought it would melt, but I was willing to risk it since the tortillas were not in the oven that long. Divide chicken among warm tortillas; top with cabbage mixture and avocado slices.
Cabbage and Chicken with Tortillas instructions
- In a pot add the water, spices, raisins, celery and peppers. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer..
- Slice the chicken and add.
- Simmer 15 minutes covered shred the chicken and add the onion. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes more..
- Add the cabbage, cilantro, and parsley, and stir.
- Add tomato paste and sugar, simmer stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Taste and adjust spices..
- Heat tortillas and serve with lime wedges..
- I hope you enjoy!.
- In the main picture I fried those tortillas till they rise and are crispy.
Succulent cabbage sauteed with tender chicken and vegetables. I also cook vegetarian cabbage quite often. A couple of years ago, I decided to try it with chicken and it exceeded all my expectations. Layer a creamy, mild casserole with chicken, green chilies, and tortillas all topped with cheese, then microwave it until hot and bubbling for an easy and quick Mexican-style dish. Reviews for: Photos of Creamy Chicken Tortilla Bake.