Chicken A La King. Chicken à la King (Franglais; 'King-style chicken') is a dish consisting of diced chicken in a cream sauce, and often with sherry, mushrooms, and vegetables, served over rice, noodles, or bread. It was also often served in a vol-au-vent or pastry case. Classic Chicken a la King is rich and creamy and made from scratch.
If you still want to freeze this dish wait until it has cooled, then place it in freezer-safe. I was never a fan of Chicken A La King but my husband asked me to try making it. I also used evaporated milk for the milk. You can have Chicken A La King using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken A La King
- It’s of Chicken and sauce———-.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flour, all purpose.
- You need 1/2 cup of butter.
- It’s 1-1/2 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped pimento peppers.
- You need 1/3 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 15 ounce of green peas.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 cup of sherry.
- Prepare 1 of medium bell pepper.
- Prepare 1-1/4 pound of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- Prepare 1-1/4 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bouillon cube.
- You need of Pasta noodles———–.
- It’s 1/2 pound of pasta.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3 quarts of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
Classic Chicken a la King is rich and creamy and made from scratch. This easy dinner recipe is great served over rice, pasta, toast, or biscuits! _ Chicken à la King has an unclear origin, but some very clear requirements and this recipe meets them all, including: chicken (of course), creamy sauce, pimientos and cooked vegetables. What you might not expect from this recipe is that it's actually a lighter meal, boasting extra veggies and coming in. Chicken à la King. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Chicken A La King step by step
- Cube and cook stir frying the chicken turn heat down.
- Melt the butter and sauté the pepper, mushrooms, onions, and pimentos..
- Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubbly..
- Stir in instant bouillon, milk, water. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Taste and adjust spices..
- Add the peas let it heat through..
- Cooks the noodles in the water, salt, and oil. Drain the pasta add salt to taste and 2 tablespoons butter and coat the pasta let rest for 3 minutes..
- Serve the chicken over the pasta. Can be served over a biscuit..
- I hope you enjoy!.
Mix it up: Chicken ala King is versatile. It's traditionally served with puff pastry shells or biscuits, but you can also serve it over rice, egg noodles or even mashed potatoes! This dish has mushrooms and peas but for some extra color and flavor, add any extra veggies you have! A wonderful creamy chicken dinner with flavors out of this world! The delicious creamy sauce, combined with the succulent tender chicken.