Meatball Cornbread Baked Casserole/ Cornbread Pizza. I've tried a few cornbread casserole recipes and this is by far the best! I love that there is no egg in it! I will never bother to try another corn casserole recipe again, this one was perfect! · MEXICAN CORNBREAD CASSEROLE "Cornbread base topped with beef, zesty tomatoes, corn, and cheese for a flavorful baked entree.
Whisk together the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a large bowl. This cornbread recipe is the best one you can find. After trying this buttermilk cornbread recipe with crisp-crunchy edges you will never try other recipe. You can have Meatball Cornbread Baked Casserole/ Cornbread Pizza using 22 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meatball Cornbread Baked Casserole/ Cornbread Pizza
- Prepare of Breading, crust—————-.
- It’s 1 cup of self-rising cornbread mix.
- You need 1 cup of self-rising flour.
- Prepare 2/3 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground paprika.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of Sauce——————.
- You need 3/4 cup of spaghetti sauce your favorite.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Toppings———————-.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion sliced.
- It’s 1 cup of grape tomatoes sliced.
- It’s 2/3 cup of sliced green olives with pimentos.
- It’s 1-1/2 pound of cooked meatballs see my recipe or use frozen.
- You need 1/4 pound of pepperoni.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of spaghetti sauce.
- You need To taste of salt for tomatoes.
- Prepare To taste of ground black pepper for tomatoes.
- It’s 1/3 pound of Monterey Colby cheese chunks.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese.
The recipe is super simple and baked in a simple baking pan. Did you know the color of cornbread changes based on the type of corn from which it's ground? This easy cornbread recipe works equally well with yellow, white or blue cornmeal, which is produced by grinding dry raw corn grains until they reach a fine consistency. This Mexican cornbread casserole recipe is great for a potluck or a dinner if you're in a rush.
Meatball Cornbread Baked Casserole/ Cornbread Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven 400 degrees Fahrenheit heat a skillet I used cast iron.
- Mix the flour, cornbread mix, seasoned salt, granulated garlic powder, oil, and eggs. Add the water slowly stirring well..
- Spread the cornbread/flour mixture into heated skillet. It will be sticky. I used a wet spoon to spread the crust with. I repeatedly wet the spoon to keep it from sticking. Make sure to get up on the edges of skillet..
- Add sauce to the crust.
- Spread it out over the tip.
- Add 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese..
- Push the meatballs into the crust.
- Add sliced onions.
- Slice the pepperoni thin as you like. Peel the casings off.
- Slice the tomatoes and add to the top with the pepperoni.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of sauce to the tops of the pepperoni.
- Add cheese chunks and 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese to top bake till crust is done..
- Let rest for 10 minutes and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
This mexican cornbread casserole is yummy.great for a potluck or a hurry up and Top remaining cornbread mixture and cheese all over the top. Cornbread Casserole w/ corn, bell peppers, Mexican spices, jalapeno & cheddar. When it comes out, it's puffed and golden with the most delicious aroma. Meanwhile, make cornbread: In a medium bowl, stir together corn muffin mix, corn, sour cream, melted butter, and eggs until combined. Top with cornbread batter and spread in an even layer.