Corn Pepper and Cabbage Relish. Roasting corn without the husks gives the relish a smoky flavor. Add corn kernels, bell pepper, and onion; toss well. Super yummy relish and a great way to use up that golden summertime corn.
Drain and put in a medium bowl to cool. Add the red pepper, onion, cilantro, vinegar, cumin and chili powder. Sweet corn relish, perfect for hot dogs, pickled corn, cucumbers, onions, red bell peppers, and tomatoes. You can have Corn Pepper and Cabbage Relish using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Corn Pepper and Cabbage Relish
- Prepare 2-1/2 cup of whole kernel corn.
- Prepare 1 of large orange bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 1/3 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2-1/2 cup of thinly sliced green cabbage.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar unfiltered with the mother.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of capers chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped pimento peppers.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoons of seasoned salt.
- It’s To taste of honey optional.
This recipe is for a sweet corn relish which, I'm happy to announce, is delicious served over hot dogs. (That is if you are a corn-relish-on-your-hot-dog kinda person.) This homemade Sweet Corn Relish recipe is easy to make and is deliciously versatile! Do the same with the red and green bell peppers and the celery ribs. Remove the husks and silk from the corn She would make it late summer when cabbage was plentiful and then would call her sons to come get. Open can of corn and drain.
Corn Pepper and Cabbage Relish step by step
- Dice the peppers and onions put with the corn..
- Add to a very hot skillet and stir to mix add the salt, seasoned salt, garlic, both vinegars and simmer till the onion is tender. Slice the cabbage..
- Add the 1/2 tablespoons to the cabbage and rub vigorously.
- Add seasoned cabbage to the corn mixture..
- Stir it together simmer 15 minutes.
- Chop the capers and pimentos..
- Stir them in and simmer 15 minutes..
- You can serve in a bowl as a side or use as a condiment. I hope you enjoy!!.
Put all mixture together and cook until done. Add the corn, peppers, jalapeños, onion and mustard and bring to a boil. Season with salt and let cool. Recipe for Sweet Corn and Pepper Relish. A barbecue without a sweetcorn relish just isn't a barbecue.