Fried Macaroni and cheese balls. Grab a macaroni and cheese ball and place in egg and milk mixture, coating the entire ball, then add to the panko mixture, then add to a lined parchment Place the macaroni and cheese balls into your air fryer basket in a single layer, making sure they don't touch. Everybody loves macaroni and cheese, and it makes a tasty snack or a yummy meal any time of the day. As delicious as macaroni and cheese is already, you can make it an even more decadent treat by forming the pasta into balls, coating it with bread crumbs, and frying them to make deep fried.
Love fried macaroni & cheese balls but you can't get the restaurant to share their recipe? No worries, I show you how to make a fried mac & cheese ball. Fried Macaroni & Cheese – a copycat of the appetizer from Cheesecake Factory! You can have Fried Macaroni and cheese balls using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried Macaroni and cheese balls
- Prepare 1 pkg of Mac and cheese mix.
- You need 2 T of butter.
- You need 1/4 C of milk.
- You need 1 C of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- It’s 3/4 C of pimento cheese spread.
- Prepare 1 C of Italian cheese blend, shredded.
- Prepare 2 C of Italian seasoned bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of cayenne.
- Prepare 4 of eggs.
- It’s 3 T of milk.
- You need 4 C of peanut oil for frying.
Creamy mac and cheese inside a delicious and crispy breaded outside! Remove the mac and cheese balls from the freezer. Dip the frozen balls into the egg wash then into the bread crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and remaining milk.
Fried Macaroni and cheese balls instructions
- Fill a pot with salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the macaroni, return to boil. Cook uncovered for about 7 minutes. Drain. Stir in 2T butter, 1/4C milk, cheese packet from package..
- While the macaroni is hot, stir in cheddar cheese, pimento cheese, Italian cheese, until melted. Place macaroni mixture in refrigerator for at least 4 hours..
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove mac balls from refrigerator and use a cookie scoop to scoop out balls. Put the balls on the baking sheet and freeze for at least 2 hours..
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or large saucepan to 350°..
- Whisk breadcrumbs with paprika, chili powder, black pepper, sugar, and cayenne in a shallow dish; set aside..
- Beat the eggs with the 3T milk in a small bowl. Remove Mac balls from freezer, coat in the egg wash, and dredge in breading..
- Fry the Mac balls in small batches until golden 3-5 minutes. Drain briefly on a paper towel- lined plate; serve hot..
Working one at a time, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat. Cook the macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. One thing that the dudes in my house absolutely love is a baked, crispy mac and cheese. The last experiment of Mixed Bell Pepper Macaroni and Cheese was a huge hit.