Pimento cheese Southern Style. Our best homemade pimento cheese recipe gets a signature crunch from toasted pecans and a dash of heat from ground red pepper. Serve with celery sticks and assorted crackers, or make a grilled pimento cheese sandwich in a skillet or panini press. Today I am sharing a redo of sorts.
This wonderful version of pimento cheese can be used for grilled cheese sandwiches, as a spread for crackers, or served alongside your favorite fried green tomatoes. Southern-Style Pimento Cheese spread … the quintessential southern food. Actually pimento cheese is often referred to as the caviar of the south, but that's another story. You can cook Pimento cheese Southern Style using 4 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pimento cheese Southern Style
- You need 1 of two cups of colby jack cheese.
- It’s 1 of One package of softened cream cheese.
- It’s 8 oz of of pimentos or a red bell pepper.
- It’s 1 of and 1/2 cup of mayonnaise.
This simple spread reflects the laid back attitude you may find on a sweltering summer afternoon in the south, sitting on. Just wanted to tell you I tried the Pimento cheese spread for the first time yesterday. It was like having my mothers Pimento cheese spread from when I was a kid. The absolute BEST I have ever had!
Pimento cheese Southern Style instructions
- Ask the stuff you need.
- The mayonnaise and softened cream cheese together.
- Add pimento juice and all.
- Add pimento.
- Add the cheese.
- Mix everything together.
- Add your seasonings, 2 tablespoons paprika, 1 teaspoon of cayenne(i like heat) optional, salt and pepper to taste and a teaspoon of honey For a hint of sweetness.
- Mix together.
- Let stand in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours let cheese firm and let the seasons merry.
- This is a picture of the pimento cheese after its has gotten firmed up night.
Keep up the great work and I can't wait to try the other varieties. In the cuisine of the Southern United States, pimento cheese is a spread or relish made with cheese, mayonnaise and pimentos. Elsewhere, different ingredients may be used. It is served on bread, crackers and vegetables, or in sandwiches. Add the shredded cheese to the whirred up cheese folding it in a little at a time.