Pork Menudo. Pork Menudo is a Filipino pork stew dish with carrots and potato. Pork Menudo is the number one on the list of my comfort foods and it's hard for me to last a month without trying one – literally. Войти. Pork Menudo. Смотреть позже. Поделиться. panlasangpinoy.com.
Pork Menudo with pork cubes, liver, vegetables, and raisins in a rich tomato gravy. Hearty and flavorful, this Filipino stew is perfect with steamed rice! This is a classic Pork Menudo recipe made with fresh tomatoes instead of canned tomato sauce. You can cook Pork Menudo using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pork Menudo
- You need 1/2 kg of pork cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1/4 kg of chicken or pork liver cut into cubes (or 1 small can of liver spread).
- You need 4 of hotdogs sliced diagonally (or 1 can of sliced vienna sausages) optional.
- You need 500 grams of tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 4 of potatoes cut into cubes.
- It’s 2 of carrots cut into cubes.
- Prepare 4 clove of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of small can green peas.
- You need 2 medium of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of raisins.
- It’s 1 of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 of sugar to taste.
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
After countless tries of making Pork Menudo, I have finally found my favorite variation. The Pork Menudo Recipe is a delectable dish. It is composed of pork stew combined with liver The good thing with Pork Menudo is you can skip some of the ingredients, if you don't like the taste of the. Menudo is a popular Filipino pork dish and is usually served during gatherings and fiestas.
Pork Menudo instructions
- Saute garlic and onions until garlic turns golden brown and onin is transluscent. Set aside..
- Cook pork cubes in oil for 15-20 minutes or until brown and tender. Add and cook chicken liver for 15 minutes or until it starts to break down a little in the edges or changes color. If using liver spread, add it after next step..
- Add and cook hotdogs or sausage. Add potatoes and water. Bring to boil and simmer until potatoes are cooked. Add carrots and green peas..
- Add sauted garlic & onion. Pour tomato sauce, tomato paste, soy sauce, and water. Add raisins, bay leaf, sugar, salt, and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until sauce reduces..
- Serve with rice and enjoy!.
Don't forget to serve with lots of steamed rice! Try this easy eight-step menudo recipe! Menudo is well-known among carinderias or turo-turo around the Philippines. Even in celebratory feasts, such dish is something that you won't miss. Pork Menudo is a type of Filipino pork stew.