Pressure cook Mexican Casserole. Pressure cooker Mexican casserole is total comfort food! Made in your Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi or Crockpot Express it will become a new favorite pasta meal. This casserole was created quite on accident and aren't those the best meals when they turn out amazing??!!
Chili powder adds a hint of spice, while black beans, eggs, and hash brown potatoes make it hearty. I will definitely make this again! I was hungry for a ground beef and rice casserole, and had (I thought) all of the ingredients on hand. You can cook Pressure cook Mexican Casserole using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pressure cook Mexican Casserole
- Prepare 1 pound of ground turkey or chicken (I used 93% lean ground turkey).
- You need 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked quinoa.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- It’s 1 (10 ounce) of cans red enchilada sauce (mild or medium).
- You need 1 (15 ounce) of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can fire-roasted diced tomatoes in their juices.
- It’s 1 cup of corn kernels, fresh or frozen.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper, cored and diced.
- Prepare 1 of green bell pepper, cored and diced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cumin.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided.
- You need of For serving: chopped fresh cilantro, diced avocado.
- Prepare of chopped green onion, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt.
Reviews for: Photos of Pressure Cooker Mexican Beef Rice. This Mexican casserole recipe made with layers of tortilla chips, beef, and salsa makes a quick and easy dish that will please the whole family. Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals. Mexican Egg Casserole Instant Pot Recipe.
Pressure cook Mexican Casserole instructions
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium high. Add the turkey and onion. Cook and stir, breaking up the turkey as you go, until the turkey is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Transfer to the bottom of a large pressure cooker..
- To the pressure cooker, add the enchilada sauce, black beans, tomatoes, corn, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder. Stir to combine, then cover and pressure cook on high for 25min..
- While cooking add 1 cup of quinoa to a small pot with 2 cups of water. Boil till water is absorbed..
- Quick release pressure to remove the lid and stir. Add quinoa and stir. Taste and adjust any seasonings as desired..
- Saute to desired consistently..
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Serve hot with any desired toppings..
Use your pressure cooker to make a hearty and flavorful casserole for breakfast, brunch or The nice thing about this Mexican Egg Casserole is that it's made with a little bit of flour that makes it easier to handle and it can. Add the chicken back to the pressure cooker. This easy and delicious Instant Pot Mexican Casserole will make the whole family smile It tastes just like Chicken Enchiladas without all the work! Do an immediate pressure release and then add the cheddar and cream cheeses. Think of this dish as a Mexican flavored, deconstructed cabbage roll without the rice.