Ground Turkey Enchiladas. An enchilada, by definition, is a corn tortilla filled with various ingredients and drenched in cheese Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, cook the ground turkey over medium heat, breaking it up with a. Cheesy Ground Turkey Enchiladas is a simple to pull together dinner that is a great one-dish meal for weeknights. The delicious turkey interiors go fabulous with the ooey gooey cheese sauce.
Made with lean ground turkey ( I put some oil in skillet heated up then put seasonings in then cook for a min of two and added meat, a little enchilada. These ground turkey enchiladas can be a reality on your dinner plate tonight. For anyone watching their weight, an easy trick to healthy eating is to replace a beef enchilada with a turkey enchilada. You can have Ground Turkey Enchiladas using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground Turkey Enchiladas
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of Spanish onion (I only needed half since there huge).
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- You need 1 can of black olives, chopped(optional).
- It’s 2 packages of small flour tortillas.
- You need 1 can of mild enchilada sauce (big can) or 2 small cans.
- Prepare 1 can of hot enchilada sauce (big can) or 2 small cans.
- Prepare 2 packages of shredded cheddar cheese (may not need all).
- It’s 1 of Toppings (optional) sliced olives, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, sour cream, guacamole, peppers, salsa, green onions, chopped avocados.
Ground turkey, or minced turkey, is a mixture of dark and light turkey meat with remaining skin and visible fat processed together until a "ground" form emerges. The turkey meat, skin, and fat is taken off the bone and processed with additives. Well you can add this Crockpot Ground Turkey Enchilada Casserole to that list! Simply cook up the ground turkey and then dump everything into the crockpot!
Ground Turkey Enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Chop onion and bell pepper and olives. Set aside..
- In a skillet on medium heat add ground turkey, onion and bell pepper. Cook until no longer pink. Drain..
- Return meat mixture to pan and add refried beans and a half of the hot enchilada sauce and half of the mild. Add more sauce if the mixture is too thick to get your desired thickness. If you like more heat like I do you can add more of the hot sauce. If you like it more mild use less of the hot sauce and more mild sauce. You can adjust it to your liking..
- Grab one tortilla and take a heaping spoonful of the meat mixture and spread in the middle of the tortilla. Sprinkle cheese on top and add olives if using them. Add a drizzle of either mild or hot sauce on top of the meat mixture..
- Roll tortillas and place seam side down in a greased baking dish. Do the same for the rest. When pan is full, pour enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for about 30 mins. Let cool for 5 mins. Serve and enjoy!.
- This makes a lot of meat mixture. I could only make so many in this pan. If you have any left over just store in an air tight container and freeze for next time. To reheat pour meat into a hot pan on medium heat and start with steps 5-7..
It doesn't get much easier than that! I'm kinda obsessed with Mexican food. In fact, I love Mexican food so much that I swear I don't have taco seasoning running through my blood. That, and queso.but that's a whole other story. Baking enchiladas in a tomato sauce transforms them from mere sandwiches into a proper, healthy dinner.