Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Apples. Brussels sprouts get irresistibly caramelized and crispy when roasted in the oven, and the subtle sweetness of the sautéed apples, saltiness of the bacon and the distinctive flavor of the rosemary makes this a truly fantastic way to serve this fantastic seasonal vegetable! Brussels sprouts go from raw to perfectly roasted FAST while the bacon and apples cook up even quicker on the stovetop. I typically eat this for breakfast with eggs or alongside basically any main dish – burgers.
Ingredients of Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Apples
- It’s 2 lb of Fresh brussel sprouts.
- It’s 6 of slices bacon, diced and cooked for 3 minutes.
- Prepare 2 of tart apples, peeled,cored and diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of maple syrup.
- You need 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of freshly cracked pepper and sea salt.
This Brussel Sprouts recipe is one of my favorites. Simple ingredients, simple steps, to create a memorable dish. Add Brussels sprouts in a single layer; sprinkle with salt and pepper. The salty bacon and sweet apples and apple vinegar make this recipe a great way to get EVERYONE to eat their brussels sprouts even if they are adamant about not eating them.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Apples instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place a large piece of aluminum foil on a cookie sheet..
- Trim Brussel sprouts and cut in half. Add all remaining ingredients in a large bowl and mix well..
- Spread all of it on the cookie sheet in a single layer. Cook for 50-60 minutes or until Brussel sprouts are golden brown and bacon gets slightly crisp..
Spread the Brussels Sprouts onto a greased pan, drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. When done, mix the Brussels Sprouts with the bacon and apples and transfer to your serving dish. These Brussels sprouts are roasted until golden and caramelized, then doused in a maple-balsamic vinaigrette and topped with crisp bacon and toasted Brussels sprouts roasted with bacon and pecans make a perfect holiday side. While the sprouts are roasting, put the bacon in a small saute pan with a splash of olive oil and bring the pan to medium heat. Toss the roasted Brussels sprouts with the crispy bacon and toasted pine nuts.