Ground Turkey Tacos. Ground turkey is seasoned with chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne in this easy recipe for a meat topping for tacos or baked potatoes. Swap ground beef for ground turkey in this healthier version of a dinnertime favorite. Ground Turkey Tacos can be made quick and easy using the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
A simple and delicious recipe for Turkey and Black Bean Tacos for your Cinco De Mayo celebration!! What kind of taco eater are Ground turkey goes into the Instant Pot with some chunky salsa and canned green chilies; after that. These Ground Turkey Tacos are great for your taco weeknight dinners. You can cook Ground Turkey Tacos using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ground Turkey Tacos
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1 of medium chopped onion.
- Prepare 20 oz of lean ground turkey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 2 of serrano peppers, minced.
- You need 1 tbsp of Montreal steak seasoning.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of seasoning salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 2 of colored peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 1 cup of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1 can of black beans.
- It’s 1 packages of spinach and/or lettuce.
- It’s 1 packages of tortillas.
These tacos are juicy and full of amazing flavor with only a few ingredients. Ground Turkey – I use extra lean ground turkey to keep these tacos lower in fat and calories, but for more flavor and moisture, feel free to use ground turkey with a higher fat content. Your family will not miss the beef and ask to make them again and again! Turkey tacos are super fast to make.
Ground Turkey Tacos step by step
- Saute onion in the olive oil..
- Add the serranos, turkey and seasonings. Cook until the meat is done..
- Add the red peppers and the black beans. Cook until hot..
- Warm the tortillas (optional). I like to use a flat pan with olive oil applied by a papper towel for flour tortillas. Once the pan reaches medium-high heat I put the tortilla on it. As they cook, they begin to puff up a little. I then flip them and toast the other side in less time..
- Take the tortilla and place a bed of spinach/lettuce on it. Top with turkey mixture. Add cheese, salsa, olives, etc if desired.
- Option – add 5 ounces of mushrooms. Plus I like more heat and spices than friends, so for myself I will up them. You can always add more, put you can never take them back out..
If ground turkey is not on your menu regularly this recipe is a great reason to make it more often. Ground turkey tacos are a little lighter on the fat content but packed with flavor! This turkey taco recipe is a family favorite in my house and I bet it will be in yours too. Y'all know that I am a Certified. Easy healthy ground turkey tacos made on the stovetop or in your slow cooker.