Ground Turkey a la King. Turkey, peas and mushrooms in a creamy sauce to serve over puff-pastry boats, biscuits, toast or rice. Add the green pepper and cook until it's tender, stirring occasionally. Stir the soup and milk in the saucepan and stir until blended.
It's great on puff pastry shells or cornbread wedges as well. For a low carb dish, serve turkey a la king with spaghetti squash, zucchini or summer squash noodles, or cauliflower rice. How to Make Turkey Ala King. You can have Ground Turkey a la King using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground Turkey a la King
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 of carrot, minced.
- Prepare 1 of large celery stalk, minced.
- You need 20 oz of lean ground turkey.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 pinch of Herb de Provence.
- It’s 2 of red bell peppers, chopped.
- Prepare 12 oz of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 2 can of chicken broth.
- It’s 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 packages of pasta.
All you need are some standard vegetable ingredients and herbs along with some leftover turkey, and you're good to go. Carrots, green beans (fresh or frozen), mushrooms, and peas all make this dish healthy and delicious. Alternatively you could serve turkey a la king over thick Texas toast instead of biscuits. This easy turkey a la king recipe is so versatile.
Ground Turkey a la King step by step
- Cook onions, celery and carrots in the oil until soft..
- Add ground turkey, peppers and seasoning. Cook until the meat is done..
- Pour in broth and add the mushrooms..
- Mix flour and milk in a small dish..
- Once the broth starts to get hot, pour in the thickener..
- When done serve with cooked pasta or over rice..
Traditionally turkey a la king is really chicken ala king and placed over toast, pasta or rice. I also added a bit of Frank's hot sauce to spice it up a bit. I'm used to having turkey a la king served over wide noodles from when I was a kid – we didn't have any so served it over left over stuffing. Overall a good recipe to play with. Stir in the turkey, carrots, green beans, salt and pepper; heat through.