Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers. I chose to make my stuffed peppers with only sweet potatoes and ground turkey because those were the ingredients I had on hand. These ground turkey sweet potato stuffed peppers are filled with favours and a delicious homemade tomato sauce. Perfect recipe for you busy dinnertime.
Crock Pot stuffed peppers are loaded with lean ground turkey, cooked rice, and then topped with a flavorful tomato sauce for an easy and healthy weeknight dinner recipe. The time these stuffed bell peppers with ground turkey are in the slow cooker can vary according to how long you will be gone. These Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers from Delish.com is the best. You can cook Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 pound of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of large sweet potato.
- It’s 3 of large bell peppers.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic chopped.
- You need 1/3 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of chili powder.
- You need of Shredded cheese and fresh parsley.
When you need a quick weeknight dinner option, stuffed peppers—and the endless ways to make them—are here for you. Learn how to make Southwestern Sweet Potatoes stuffed southwestern style with ground turkey and stuffed with healthy toppings! Taco Seasoned Ground Turkey: Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, place the onions in the pan and saute until translucent.
Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers instructions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat..
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes..
- Add onions and cook until onions are gold brown..
- Add the sweet potato, cover the skillet and cook until they are tender. It is about 8mins. Don’t forget to stir occasionally. Add tomato sauce, ground chili pepper, salt and pepper to taste. If necessary, add more olive oil or a little bit of water to cook the sweet potato..
- Arrange the peppers in a baking dish. The cavity side is facing up..
- Fill each bell pepper halve with the ground turkey-sweet potato mix. Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until the peppers are cooked and soft..
- Remove from the oven and garnish with cheese and parsley..
What about this delicious Ground Turkey Sweet Potato Stuffed Peppers? Lean ground turkey makes a moist, low-fat substitute for the ground beef that's usually found in stuffed pepper filling. To add a nutty flavor and boost the nutrition even further, we call for cooked brown rice, but this recipe will also work with Poblano, Sweet Potato & Apple Stuffed Pork Loin. Sweet potatoes are key to this recipe. I always have a few in the pantry as well as Vidalia sweet onions.