20 mins: ground turkey marinara sauce pasta. This ground turkey pasta makes an excellent weeknight dinner that the whole family will love! A tangy, thick, non chunky marinara sauce. This is my family's staple marinara recipe.
Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened. Ground turkey – I like to use the ground turkey thighs but turkey breast would work just as well. Pick the right pasta for the right sauce. You can have 20 mins: ground turkey marinara sauce pasta using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 20 mins: ground turkey marinara sauce pasta
- You need 1 pack of Spaghetti.
- You need of (1 bottle, ~ 25oz) marinara sauce (mine is tomato and basil).
- You need 1 lb of ground turkey (I used 99%fat free).
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of cooking wine.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper.
- It’s of Optional (I like a little bit spicy):.
- It’s of Diced onion.
- Prepare of chopped garlic.
- You need of Ginger powder.
- It’s of Red pepper flakes.
- It’s of Red pepper powder.
For example, long pasta such as spaghetti for oil and tomato-based sauces, or penna and Marinara Sauce with Fresh Tomatoes. Because ground turkey is so low in fat, it's not a meat with a reputation for flavor, nor is it very juicy. So to make it shine, as it does here, it needs a The best turkey meat sauce starts by rendering the fat from small bits of pancetta. Extra fat gives the sauce body and a richness you simply cannot get from.
20 mins: ground turkey marinara sauce pasta step by step
- Cook the pasta following the instruction on the package..
- (While waiting for water to boil/cooking the pasta) add 1.5 tbsp olive oil on a big saucepan over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add olive oil and ground turkey and all the rest of the ingredients to the sauce pan. Stir fry until the turkey is fully cooked (start to brown/golden brown), usually 6 to 8 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to low and add the bottle of sauce. Continue to stir for a minute or two..
- Mix with the cooked pasta and dinner (lunch) is served :D.
- Adding some cheese on top would be great too (I cannot as I have diary intolerance). So obviously this picture is not my dinner plate..
Low Fat Taco Spaghetti Casserole made with lean ground turkey & spaghetti combined with a low fat cheesy Mexican sauce makes the perfect weeknight meal. Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Add the meatballs, herbed marinara, and reserved pasta cooking water and bring to a boil. This Italian-American classic is lean and light with ground turkey meatballs, fresh spinach, and gluten-free pasta. You can use any kind of pasta in this recipe.