Ground turkey taco meat. Ground turkey is seasoned with chili powder, cumin, paprika, and cayenne in this easy recipe for a meat topping for tacos or baked potatoes. Swap ground beef for ground turkey in this healthier version of a dinnertime favorite. Divide meat mixture, cheese, lettuce, and tomato among taco shells and serve immediately with optional sour cream, pico de gallo, and avocado.
You'll love this way of cooking ground I'm obsessed with this ground turkey taco meat, and I promise that as soon as you try it, you will be too. The reason this ground turkey tastes so. They are the perfect dinner for a busy weeknight meal yet just as crave worthy as more labor intensive dinners. You can cook Ground turkey taco meat using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Ground turkey taco meat
- It’s 3 teaspoons of chili powder.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoons of cumin.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of small onion diced.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 can of diced green chiles (4 oz).
- Prepare 1 can of beans rinsed and drained (black, pinto, or kidney).
- You need 1 cup of frozen corn.
You can make Turkey Tacos with this ground turkey taco meat or turkey taco salad, lettuce wraps, burritos, etc. This recipe is for one pack, but we usually double it since I use it for taco salads, while my Drain the meat in a colander, and rinse with water. Return the meat to the skillet and add the remaining ingredients. Stir together and let simmer until the.
Ground turkey taco meat instructions
- Stir together chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, oregano, paprika, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl. Set aside..
- Heat olive oil in a LARGE skillet set over medium heat, add diced onion and stir. Add turkey next, break the meat up into crumbles as it cooks. Stir everything up as needed until no pink remains and the meat is fully cooked..
- Evenly sprinkle the taco seasoning mix over the turkey in the skillet. Raise the heat to medium-high..
- Next add cup of corn, diced green chiles, and beans. stir ensuring all ingredients are mixed together. (I usually use pinto but black beans and kidney work great as well.) NOTE: If ingredients appear to be very dry you can add a tablespoon or two of salsa, water, or broth to moisten..
- Let everything simmer for a few minutes. Turn off heat and serve..
Easy healthy ground turkey tacos made on the stovetop or in your slow cooker. Made with a DIY homemade taco seasoning that's perfectly spiced and flavorful. My go-to weeknight healthy taco recipe! Like grilled jerk fish tacos, chipotle chicken tacos, and shrimp tacos with mango habanero salsa. All delicious and totally worth the effort—but some nights, a simple ground Hahaha, awkward laugh, haha. (:P).