Creamy Ground Turkey 🦃 Sloppy Joe. Use ground turkey for a leaner sloppy joe. Needed something added to make it more juicy or creamier. All Reviews for Sloppy Joe with Ground Turkey.
These Turkey Sloppy Joes are family-tested and kid-approved, plus lean ground turkey is a great healthy option for weeknight dinners. The sloppy joes of my youth tended to be either from a can or from a cafeteria, and neither were particularly special. The good news is that we can easily improve. You can cook Creamy Ground Turkey 🦃 Sloppy Joe using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Ground Turkey 🦃 Sloppy Joe
- You need 1 pack of ground turkey (2.5 lbs.).
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of crushed red pepper.
- You need 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce).
- It’s 1 can of condensed tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 container (15 ounce) of whole milk ricotta cheese.
- You need 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- You need of Ciabatta rolls.
Homemade SLOPPY JOES with a smart substitute that won't sacrifice BIG FLAVOR! Watch the premier episode in our new Grubmasters Lite. Healthy turkey sloppy joes with an easy homemade sauce made with ingredients you probably already have in your cupboard. So why are these a lil better for you?
Creamy Ground Turkey 🦃 Sloppy Joe instructions
- In a large pot sauté your ground turkey in olive oil until almost browned….drain any excess fat……
- Add in your chopped onion, green pepper and garlic, sauté for a few more minutes…….
- Next add in : black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano and Italian seasoning, sauté for several more minutes…….
- Now add in your can of diced tomatoes and tomato soup, heat all for several more minutes…….
- Now add your container of ricotta cheese, heat until cheese has melted into turkey mixture…….
- Now add in your sharp cheddar cheese, remove pan from heat and stir well…….
- Serve over ciabatta rolls and enjoy 😉!.
Well first off, they're a bit leaner thanks to lean ground turkey, but they also are significantly lower in sugar thanks to a homemade. Have the GH add the ground turkey to the pan, in case it spatters. Break the turkey up with a big wooden spoon as it starts to cook. Have the GH help you serve. Place a bun bottom on a plate.