Italian Hoagie Dip. Italian Hoagie Dip has all of the same delicious flavors as everyone's favorite sandwich – but served as a dip! Hoagie…sub…submarine sandwich…grinder…what do you call a deli-style sandwich? ITALIAN HOAGIE DIP — Your favorite Italian sub sandwich fixings, chopped and served dip-style with crusty baguette slices.
And it couldn't be easier to make! What's in Italian Hoagie Dip: One of the best parts of this dip, and hoagies in general, is that you choose the ingredients. It all depends on what you like and have on hand. You can cook Italian Hoagie Dip using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian Hoagie Dip
- Prepare 1/4 lb. of prosciutto, chopped.
- You need 1/4 lb. of hard salami, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 lb. of capicola (or other ham), chopped.
- It’s 1/4 lb. of pepperoni, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 lb. of provolone cheese, chopped.
- It’s 1 of ripe tomato, diced.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion, diced.
- It’s 1/2 head of iceberg lettuce, shredded.
- It’s 1/4 cup of hot pepper hoagie spread, or a few pepperoncini, sliced.
- It’s 3 Tbs. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 loaf of round bread, any kind.
This Italian Hoagie Dip Recipe tastes just like an actual Italian hoagie! Plus it can be made quickly and the day ahead! This incredible Italian Hoagie Dip tastes just like the classic sandwich. Your friends will be begging for the recipe! ▼ ▼ ▼ GET THE RECIPE ▼ ▼ ▼ RECIPE.
Italian Hoagie Dip instructions
- Chop all lunchmeat and cheese into small bite-size pieces and place in a large mixing bowl..
- Dice the tomato and onion and add to the mixing bowl..
- Shred the lettuce and add to the bowl..
- Add the hoagie spread or sliced pepperoncini and mix well..
- Gradually add in the dried oregano and mix well..
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise and olive oil until creamy and add it to the ingredients and mix well..
- Cut out the center of the round bread to form a bowl and fill with the dip. Break up the excess pieces of bread and place around the bread bowl for dipping..
Italian Hoagie Dip is the perfect appetizer to feed a crowd! Three different kinds of meat, lots of veggies, chunks of cheese and dressing make this an irresistible dip that everyone will love! This Hoagie Dip is one of my favorite easy appetizer recipes and it's one of my family's favorite appetizers. Be the first to review this recipe. If you are making this more than a few hours in advance do not add until closer to when you will be eating the dip (will be too soggy).