Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe. Although the name "Teriyaki" is relatively recent nomenclature, the practice of cooking meat and fish in a mixture of soy sauce and sugar has a long history going back hundreds of years. Historical names for teriyaki include: Amakarayaki (甘辛焼き, sweet and salty. Here's a delicious stovetop Teriyaki Chicken recipe that can be made in a jiffy.
Juicy and tender chicken is glazed in a flavorful homemade teriyaki sauce! Each time I make teriyaki recipes, I would change things up slightly based on the ingredients. In today's recipe, I added grated onion and. You can have Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe
- Prepare 1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare pinch of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Teriyaki Sauce :.
- You need 1/4 cup of soy sauce (reduced sodium recommended).
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp. of honey.
- You need 2 tbsp. of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of sesame oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare of Optional Garnishes :.
- You need of ·sesame seeds.
- It’s of ·scallions.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are quickly browned, then simmer in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce flavored with orange marmalade and dry white wine for a takeout-style dinner that's ready in less than an hour. Tender chicken cooked in a delicious, slightly sweet, and tangy sauce. What more could you ask for? 😉. This recipe is packed with healthy ingredients and lean protein so all-in-all it's pretty darn healthy!
Teriyaki Chicken – Stovetop Recipe step by step
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the teriyaki ingredients until all are blended well. Set aside..
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chicken to the skillet and season with the salt and pepper. This is also a good time to start whatever side items you'd like to serve with this dish (rice, steamed veggies, etc….).
- Cook the chicken, stirring around often, until chicken is cooked all the way through. Cook time varies depending on how big your pieces of chicken are, but it should cook relatively quickly..
- Once chicken is cooked through, pour the teriyaki sauce into the skillet and stir to cover all the chicken with the sauce..
- Bring sauce to a simmer for just a minute or two (it will thicken quickly). Once it reaches a thick, syrup-like consistency, remove skillet from heat..
- Serve garnished with sesame seeds and scallions if you'd like. I usually make jasmine rice and steamed broccoli to go with it, but serve with whatever sounds good to you!.
Soy sauce and chicken broth can be high in sodium. I obviously don't know what meat or sauce you are using so you should try these plans to achieve the perfect teriyaki chicken/beef. We absolutely love this recipe — the chicken is almost addictive. The recipe is simple, quick, and provides lots If you don't have a broiler, an outdoor grill or a grill pan set onto the stovetop are excellent alternatives. You can also bake the chicken, although, you won't get.