Easy Braised "Teriyaki" Chicken. Moist and Juicy Chicken thigh glazed with a sweet and flavorful sauce!! Check out this easy to make recipe made with simple ingredients. Chicken breasts marinated in teriyaki sauce, lemon, garlic, and sesame oil, then grilled to a tasty finish.
Replay "This Teriyaki Chicken Let's You Finally Kick Your Take-Out Habit". This American-style chicken teriyaki is a little salty, a little sweet, a little sour, and has just the tiniest hint of spice from minced ginger: exactly what you'd want for dinner after a long. While there are so many variations, since discovering this recipe for Easy Teriyaki Chicken, I've honestly stop using any of them, because it produces great results with much less effort, and so I wanted to share it with all of you. You can have Easy Braised "Teriyaki" Chicken using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Easy Braised "Teriyaki" Chicken
- You need 3 pounds of chicken wings, drums or thighs, patted dry and seasoned with 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt.
- It’s 1/2 of an onion, cut into 1/4-inch wide pieces.
- You need 6 of thin slices of fresh ginger root (about 1/8-inch thick) or 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger powder.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- You need 1/4 cup of + 2 Tablespoons soy sauce.
- You need 2/3 cup of rice wine (you can use sake or a semi-dry white wine).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of + 2 Tablespoons sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of chopped green onion for garnish.
As for the sauce, the teri in teriyaki. This is a very easy Teriyaki Chicken recipe. Just marinate them for a few hours and pop them into an air fryer for a quick meal. Chicken Dinner Main Dish Asian Japanese Healthy Soy Sauce Vegetable Oil Ginger Chicken Breast Chicken Thighs Honey Scallions Weeknight Dinner Easy.
Easy Braised "Teriyaki" Chicken step by step
- Put all the ingredients into a 4 or 5 quart Dutch oven or a large, deep saute pan, with the chicken skin side down. Bring to a gentle boil, covered, over medium heat..
- Once it comes to a gentle boil, let it stay there for about 2 minutes. Give the chicken a gentle stir or two to redistribute the ingredients then turn the heat down to medium low and simmer, lid askew for another 25 to 30 minutes, flipping the pieces of chicken mid way so the skin side is up..
- 15 minutes before the braise is over, preheat your oven broiler so you can brown and caramelize the chicken skin. Once the braise time is up, put the chicken about 6 inches under the broiler for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how brown you want the skin, but making sure to check at 3 minutes. I say this all the time, but things can go from perfectly caramelized to horribly burnt in a matter of seconds under the broiler..
- NOTE FOR STEP 3: If you have one of those broiler drawers under the oven, preheat the oven to 500F instead and place the pot so that the food is 6 inches under the top heat element. Probably the second rack in the oven..
- Transfer the chicken to a serving dish (or serve it in the pot in which you cooked it), garnish with chopped green onions and serve with steamed rice and a salad of choice..
- Enjoy! :).
Forget that bottle of super-salty teriyaki sauce on the grocery store shelf — it's actually easier than you might think to make a version at home that's even better than the bottled stuff. Making Chicken Teriyaki is very simple, easy and quick yet, SUPER YUMMY!! So you definitely should give it a try!! Here is how-to debone chicken thigh step by step pictures. Homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe can be used many many dishes.