Teriyaki Sauce. This quick-and-easy teriyaki sauce comes together fast to to deliver sweet, tangy flavor that takes your chicken and rice to the next level! Savory and versatile, Teriyaki Sauce has been becoming the mainstay seasoning outside of Japan. Teriyaki (kanji: 照り焼き) is a cooking technique used in Japanese cuisine in which foods are broiled or grilled with a glaze of soy sauce, mirin, and sugar.
This sauce is bold and thick and is great as a marinade or as a sauce served with your favorite meats. You can have Teriyaki Sauce using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Teriyaki Sauce
- You need 1/2 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Fresh Pineapple Juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Minced Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Pepper.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Water.
Teriyaki Sauce instructions
- In a small saucepan whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, salt, and pepper..
- In a small dish on the side whisk together corn starch and water until smooth..
- Slowly whisk corn starch mixture into sauce in pan..
- Bring sauce to a boil until it just starts to thicken..
- Remove from heat and reserve about 1/4 for basting later..
- Add teriyaki to the meat you are marinating and chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before cooking..