Sabudana Khichdi/Tapioca Khichdi. Sabudana Khichdi – a pilaf/pulao made with sago/tapioca pearls! This vegan and gluten-free dish is extremely popular in India during the fasting season of This khichdi is extremely simple and yet so flavorful. I love my sabudana khichdi with yogurt on the side.
Sabudana also known as Tapioca makes a great Khichdi. This recipe is mildly spiced and peanuts give it a light crunch. Tapioca khichdi is great for breakfast or as a snack and it tastes delicious. You can cook Sabudana Khichdi/Tapioca Khichdi using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sabudana Khichdi/Tapioca Khichdi
- Prepare 1 cup of Tapioca Pearls soaked.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Roasted groundnuts – peeled & crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare to taste of Salt/Sendha namak.
- It’s 1 of Boiled potato – chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Green chillies.
- Prepare 2-3 spoons of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 spoon of oil (optional).
- You need Aa needed of Coriander leaves chopped.
Sabudana khichdi recipe – Learn to make non-sticky & fluffy sabudana khichdi at home with these simple steps. Sabudana khichdi is an Indian dish made of tapioca pearls, potatoes, peanuts and herbs. It is hugely popular in India as a fasting food and is consumed during Navratri. Sabudana khichadi is an Indian dish made from soaked sabudana (tapioca pearls).
Sabudana Khichdi/Tapioca Khichdi instructions
- Soak sabudana by adding water above 1/2inch of it..
- Leave it for 5hours and check it's soaked and will be unsticky..
- Heat kadai add ghee,oil,cumin seeds,green chillies,boiled potato pieces,turmeric powder and fry it..
- Meanwhile take a bowl and add the soaked tapioca pearls,add grounded peanut powder,salt,turmeric powder,red chilli powder and mix it well..
- Now add the tapioca mixture to the kadai and fry for a minute..
- Sprinkle 1spoon water and close lid for a minute..
- After a minute remove lid check if cooked..
- Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Top with about a spoonful of lemon juice after putting off from flame.Ready to serve..
It is typically prepared in parts of Western India such as Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh. Sabudana Khichdi belongs to the Western Indian state of Maharashtra. Sabudana in sabudana khichdi stands for "Tapioca Pearls," and How to make Sabudana Khichdi? Did you grow up enjoying Sabudana Khichdi made by your mother or grandmother? And now, does it turn out sticky.