Tapioca Sabudana Thumb Print Cookies. Love Sabudana khichdi ? but somehow can't get it right. Does it turn mushy or sticky and completely unappetizing then today's post- How to make perfect Sabudana khichdi makes an appetizing and filling breakfast , lunch , dinner or a snack and with few minutes of pre preparation ,this delicious meal. Sabudana also known as Tapioca makes a great Khichdi.
Ingredients of Tapioca Sabudana Thumb Print Cookies
- It’s of Dry mixture.
- You need 1/2 cup of Cassava/ tapioca flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of almond flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need of Wet mixture.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Ghee.
- You need 1/8 cup of Jaggery powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Honey.
- It’s of Chocolate ganache.
- Prepare 4-5 tbsp of chopped chocolates.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh cream.
Tiny sago pearls/tapioca pearls cooked with a very few ingredients to make a fluffy pilaf! Sabudana Khichdi is one of the most popular fasting dishes during Navratri festival season. I have been making these Thumbprint Cookies since college, and they never get old! Buttery shortbread is filled with sweet jam Sometimes the simplest cookies are the best, and to me, jam thumbprint cookies are all about enjoying a simple buttery shortbread.
Tapioca Sabudana Thumb Print Cookies instructions
- Took some cassava pearls and ground it to fine powder in my chutney grinder. Sifted it through fine sieve to get 1/2 cup fine flour..
- Made almond flour by just grinding some almonds with it's skin..
- Whisked all dry ingredients in a bowl..
- Mixed all wet ingredients in a large bowl and refridegrated it for few minutes, so that the ghee will solidify a little. I wanted to beat to get silky wet mixture..
- Beat the wet mixture for 3-4 minutes..
- Add the flours to wet mixture and beat again till well combined..
- Keep the mixture in refrigerated for 30 minutes..
- After 30 minutes remove the dough from fridge and make small lemon sized balls. Grease you hands with oil if dough is sticky.
- Preheat your oven @200C for 12-15 minutes..
- Place on lightly greased baking tray, 2 inches away from each other. These cookies spreads a little..
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. They will be soft when they are hot. So when you see the cookies have changed to slightly golden in colour from top and bottom, it means they're done..
- Poke holes with your thumb or with back of wooden spoon..
- Cool them on wire rack for 20 -30 minutes..
- When the cookies are still cooling prepare the chocolate ganache filling..
- Heat cream and add chopped chocolate pieces and oil. Stir until smooth and the chocolates have melted completely. You can use a double boiler for this or can do in a microwave..
- Cool the ganache mixture. It will set and harden a little. Fill this ganache mixture in a piping bag with a small cut in the end..
- Pipe the filling into the cookie holes. Sprinkle some dessicated coconut or crushed almonds and enjoy 😊.
- Enjoy this interesting fasting recipe..
Sabudana, or tapioca, is one such ingredient which is packed with various healthy nutrients. So, learn all about the health benefits of sabudana, here. These Baklava Cookies have the great taste of Baklava in cookie form. The center is delicious enough to eat alone! Thumbprint cookies are one of those classic cookies that seem to make an appearance at any event regardless what the occasion is!