Kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani. Kappa Biriyani / Tapioca Biryani Kerala Style. Kappa Biriyani or Irachi Kappa/ Ellum Kappayum is a must try Kerala delicacy that is a feast to behold, with a delightful blend of flavours. Kerala Kappa Biriyani is a wholesome meal, a delightful duet of Kappa and Beef, a flavourful mixture of Tapioca and spicy Beef that is an all -time favourite of.
A traditional dish, it is a delicacy among Christian families in southern Kerala and is mostly known as Beef and tapioca (kappa). In northern Kerala, it is known as Kappa biriyani. Some people call Kappa Biriyani as Ellum Kappayum while others call it as Kappayum irachiyum, Whatever be the name or recipe followed for Kappa Biriyani, the common approach is How to make Kappa – Tapioca Biryani – Ellum Kappayum You can cook Kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani
- It’s 1/2 kg of Tapioca.
- You need 1/2 kg of Chicken with bones.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Ginger- garlic -greenchilly paste.
- Prepare 3 of Onions.
- It’s 2 of Tomato med.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Coriander powder.
- It’s of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1.5 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 2 inches of Cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Fennel seeds.
- It’s of Cloves.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf small optional.
- It’s 1 of Lemon.
- It’s leaves of Curry.
- Prepare of Coriander leaves optional.
- It’s of Coconut oil.
It is so popular that it is often served as part of wedding festivities in some communities. In fact this humble dish has even found its place in some five star restaurants. Spicy beef masala is cooked with tapioca and flavoured with roasted coconut. If you are looking for some authentic Kerala dishes to experience Since the photo given shows yellow color, you may need to explicitly mention to add turmeric powder while making the tapioca or in some other step of making.
Kappa biriyani or tapioca biriyani instructions
- Peel and clean the tapioca and cut into big chunks…..
- Marinate chicken in 1.5tbsp chilli powder+a pinch of turmeric powder+salt+1/2tsp garam masala powder+1tbsp lemon juice for atleast an hour or more…. Later add 1/4 of the onions and pressure cook adding 1/2cup water for 2 whistles…..
- Cook tapiocas in lots of water when dey cum to a boil discard that water and fill water and cook by adding 1/4tsp turmeric powder and salt till done…. Later drain the water completely.
- Heat a kadai pour 2-3 oil and tip in whole spices when they are aromatic add onions+curry leaves and fry till they are browned here and there then add tomatoes and cook till mushy..once they are mushy add ginger-garlic-green chilli paste and saute till their raw smell disappears…. Now add in all the dry masalas and saute for a minute… if needed add lil water and saute……
- Then tip in the cooked chicken along with it's gravy and give it a good mix…add some coriander leaves chopped and now close the lid and cook on low flame for 3-4 mins…open and add cooked tapiocas and a sprig of curry leaves and mix nicely and close the lid for 2 more mins so that all flavors of gravy seep into the tapiocas..now squeeze 1/2lemon give it good mix n later mash the tapiocas nicely and swicth off the flame..
- If u want u can garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves….. serve hot……
Kappa Biriyani/Tapioca Biriyani, as and when I heard it I visualized the dish, as I am likely to do with any other specification. It was when Winnie Aunty told me that her son Winu had prepared the dish when he was back home from New Zealand. I thought should be a really good dish, obviously tasty for. Kappa Biryani (Tapioca Biriyani, Kappa Biriyani) – Sample and easy recipe for making the famous Kerala dish Kappa Biryani. Kappa Biryani is a traditional Kerala dish.