Tapioca Pearl. Tapioca pearls, also called tapioca balls or boba, are small translucent spheres. Transfer tapioca pearls into a sugar syrup or a bowl with a little water to prevent them from sticking together. It was really a lot of fun doing these homemade tapioca pearls, like playing with clay or.
Tapioca (/ˌtæpiˈoʊkə/; Portuguese: [tapiˈɔkɐ]) is a starch extracted from the storage roots of the cassava plant (Manihot esculenta, also known as manioc). A wide variety of tapioca pearls options are available to you, such as bubble tea ingredients type. Buy Tapioca Pearls and get the best deals at the lowest prices on eBay! You can have Tapioca Pearl using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tapioca Pearl
- You need 200 grams of tapioca.
- You need 300 grams of minced pork.
- You need 50 grams of dried shrimps.
- Prepare 100 grams of chinese salted radish.
- You need 2 tbsp of roasted peanuts,crushed.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 bunch of coriander use both roots and leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of white pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of palm sugar.
- You need 1/3 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of lettuce and hot chili to side.
- It’s 50 grams of garlic to make crispy garlic.
- It’s 1 of oil enough to fry garlic and paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn starch.
- You need 1/2 cup of hot water.
Great Savings & Free Delivery / Collection on many items. Boil these tapioca pearls until they're tender and enjoy them in your favorite tea or bubble drink. Tapioca balls are translucent spheres produced from tapioca, a starch extracted from the cassava root. They originated as a cheaper alternative to pearl sago in Southeast Asian cuisine.
Tapioca Pearl instructions
- Make paste , soak dried shrimps in warm water ,cut coriander roots ,prepare other ingredients.
- Use pestel and mortar ,grind slice of coriander root ,follow with garlic,white pepper,then dried shrimps,make fine paste.
- The chinese salted radish ,sometime come to thin thread ,so it need to be finely chop.
- Now fry the paste on medium heat until fragrance.
- Add pork,stir until no longer pink.
- Add chinese salted radish,seasoning with palm sugar,salt.
- Add crushed roast peanuts,keep stiring,add corn starch and stir to mix,heat off ,transfer to the bowl.
- Form the filling to small balls ,about thumb or index finger size.
- Now work on tapioca pearl sago ,this only need hot water to add in ,stir and wait about 10 mins ,you will get the tapioca ready to use by spread on your floured palm,cover the filling,form to balls.
- This step is optional for more exciting 🙂 ,when i need the beautiful natural color ,i use 6 pandan leaves,clean,cut ,crush,squeeze the color by mix with hot water ,strain it ,use that color to soak the tapioca pearl ,will get the lovely light green.
- Make crispy garlic,fry on medium until golden.
- Now the option to cook by 20 mins on steamer ,or boil until it float up to surface,to prevent from each ball to stick to eat other ,drop to the garlic bowl.
- To serve as snack with lettuce ,chili,coriander leave,or can drop some coconut milk on top too :).
They are most commonly referred to as boba (a transliteration of the word for "bubble") or pearls when in bubble tea. Find tapioca pearls stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Tapioca pearls are used in teas, pudding and baking. Tapioca pearls, also called boba, boba pearls, are made mostly from starch.