Tapioca Cake – Mum's recipe. My late mum seldom prepared traditional Nonya cakes (kuih) except two, one was tapioca kuih and another was kuih lapis. I missed her steamed tapioca cakes. Nothing beats freshly steamed Tapioca Cake!
Wash the pandan leaves and bundle it together. ▼ See FULL STEP BY STEP RECIPE with INGREDIENT LIST in link below ▼ http Enjoy these freshly baked tapioca cake in the afternoon complimented with a cup of tea or coffee with your loved ones is the best thing you can spend the afternoon on. Tapioca Cake (Kuih Bingka Ubi Kayu) is a cake made from cassava with a moist, soft, chewy texture. Get the recipe for this Malaysian cake. You can have Tapioca Cake – Mum's recipe using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tapioca Cake – Mum's recipe
- Prepare 1 kg of Shredded Tapioca.
- You need 200 g of Gula Melaka or Sugar.
- You need 300 g of Water.
- Prepare 50 g of Tapioca Flour.
Pour the batter into the cake tin and make sure the batter is evenly mixed. Smooth the top layer of the cake. The Best Tapioca Cake Recipes on Yummly Tapioca Cake (kuih Bingka), Air Fryer Tapioca Cake, Steamed Tapioca Cake (ubi Kayu).
Tapioca Cake – Mum's recipe step by step
- Take 100g of water to blend with Panda leaves and obtain the pandan Juice.
- Take 50g of water to cook with Gula Melaka.
- Add the pandan juice, gula melaka liquid and top up water till you get 300g.
- Add in the Tapioca and flour and cook over slow fire until thicken so that the tapioca is evenly spread..
- Steam over medium fire for 1hr until cooked..
Make dinner tonight, get skills for a lifetime. Try exclusive recipes with step-by-step video instruction from Pro instructors. Pandan Tapioca Pancake or Pan Fried Tapioca Cake aka Kuih Ubi Kayu Lempeng (香兰木薯煎糕） – Guai Shu Shu. INTRODUCTION This is a long overdue recipe. Tapioca Cake (Kuih Bingka), a Malaysian tea time favorite.