Brussel sprouts with bacon and onion. Season Brussels sprouts mixture with salt and pepper. Here are my changes, my sprouts were so big, I quartered them, I sliced the bacon prior to cooking it and sautéed it with the onion. These brussels sprouts will quickly become a go-to side dish in your rotation!
This savory dish is delicious in the fall and winter months, when Brussels sprouts are in season. If you can find them still attached to the stalk, don't be intimidated–buy them, as they're likely. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss bacon back into pan. You can have Brussel sprouts with bacon and onion using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brussel sprouts with bacon and onion
- It’s 1/2 of sweet onion.
- You need 1 lb of Brussel sprouts, larger ones halved.
- Prepare 4 slice of bacon.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of adobo, salt, pepper to taste.
This version contains bacon grease, bacon, onions and roasted at the end to finish. Pour the bacon grease over the top of the brussel sprouts and toss them around in it to coat well. Mix a teaspoon of kosher salt and a teaspoon of coarse ground black pepper to make a quick salt/pepper rub. Lisa's right, these roasted Brussels sprouts are delicious and tasty.
Brussel sprouts with bacon and onion step by step
- Cook bacon in skillet til crisp. Remove bacon, chop in pieces. Keep drippings in pan..
- Add olive oil to pan..
- Add onions and saute about 5 min until soft..
- Add Brussel sprouts and season with salt, pepper, and adobo..
- Cook on medium for about 20 minutes..
- Remove from pan. Add bacon pieces and mix..
Plus, it's super easy to prepare. The Brussels are tender and have a delicious savory flavor (thanks to butter, garlic, and diced onion). Our favorite part, though, are the crispy bits of smoky bacon in every bite. Add the Brussels sprouts and stir them around so that they are coated with the bacon fat. Stir in the butter and transfer the sprouts to a serving dish.