Caldo de pollo. A simple but richly-flavored chicken and vegetable soup inspired by Mexican recipes needs time to simmer, but the taste is worth it. It's great served with warm corn tortillas, Spanish rice, and refried beans. Mexican chicken soup, also known as caldo de pollo, is layered with a simple chicken soup over spiced rice and topped with avocado slices and cilantro for a warm and hearty meal.
This flavorful soup is thought by many to be a great hangover remedy, and is often garnished with a. Caldo de pollo soup is a heartwarming chicken soup with lots of vegetables that make it the perfect soup for the upcoming winter days. Easy to make and delicious to eat. You can cook Caldo de pollo using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caldo de pollo
- Prepare 1 of whole yellow chicken, cut up.
- Prepare 2 of whole corn on the cob, halved.
- It’s half of an onion.
- Prepare 3-5 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1/3 tablespoon of cumin.
- You need 1/3 tablespoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of salt.
- You need 1 of chicken cube seasoning.
- You need 1 packet of sazón adobe con achiote.
- It’s 2 of mexican zucchini, cut in thick slices, then halved.
- Prepare 2 handfuls of baby carrots, cut in half.
- Prepare 3 of potatoes, cut into 4 pieces.
- It’s of small handful of cilantro.
- You need 1 1/2 liters of water.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 cup of rice.
This soup is my staple food when I get a cold. It's like medicine for the stomach and heart. Mexican Caldo de Pollo Or Chicken Soup Mexican Style is a beautiful recipe of heart warming soup that will make you and your family very happy. The combination of simple ingredients, the rice, the cilantro and the chicken drumsticks make the soup a comfort meal.
Caldo de pollo instructions
- Mix and put to boil water, chicken, onion, garlic, spices, salt, corn, and carrots on high heat..
- When it comes to a steady boil, turn down heat to medium, then let cook for 20 mins..
- After 20 mins, add rest of chopped/cut up ingredients and rice. (Potatoes, zucchini, cilantro)..
- Let cook for another 15 mins..
Watch the video below to learn how quick and simple it is to make caldo de pollo. There is nothing like the magical healing powers of homemade soup to heal the body and soul. How to make Caldo de Pollo. Caldo de pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup) tastes better than your favorite restaurant – or your favorite home kitchen! It is loaded with juicy, tender chicken, carrots, potatoes, celery.