Caldo de pollo. A simple but richly-flavored chicken and vegetable soup inspired by Mexican recipes needs time to simmer, but the taste is worth it. It's great served with warm corn tortillas, Spanish rice, and refried beans. Mexican chicken soup, also known as caldo de pollo, is layered with a simple chicken soup over spiced rice and topped with avocado slices and cilantro for a warm and hearty meal.
This flavorful soup is thought by many to be a great hangover remedy, and is often garnished with a. Caldo de pollo soup is a heartwarming chicken soup with lots of vegetables that make it the perfect soup for the upcoming winter days. Easy to make and delicious to eat. You can have Caldo de pollo using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caldo de pollo
- You need 1 of fresh boneless chicken Breast or chicken tenders.
- You need 1 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of celanrto.
- You need 1 of red potato.
- Prepare 1 of Mexican squash.
- It’s 1 of ground cumin.
- You need 1 of white onion.
- You need 1 of chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- It’s 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of cilantro.
- You need 1 of corn tortillas.
- It’s 2 of cubs of pollo con tomate bullion.
This soup is my staple food when I get a cold. It's like medicine for the stomach and heart. Mexican Caldo de Pollo Or Chicken Soup Mexican Style is a beautiful recipe of heart warming soup that will make you and your family very happy. The combination of simple ingredients, the rice, the cilantro and the chicken drumsticks make the soup a comfort meal.
Caldo de pollo step by step
- Boil chicken in large pot with salt and pepper and cilantro add Swanson chicken stock.
- Boil till chicken is tender, then add red potatoes, carrots, ground cumin.
- Once potatoes start to get tender add Mexican squash, lower heat and cook slow..
- Careful not to cook squash too long, (it will get mushy).
- Serve in soup bowl and with soft corn tortillas.
Watch the video below to learn how quick and simple it is to make caldo de pollo. There is nothing like the magical healing powers of homemade soup to heal the body and soul. How to make Caldo de Pollo. Caldo de pollo (Mexican Chicken Soup) tastes better than your favorite restaurant – or your favorite home kitchen! It is loaded with juicy, tender chicken, carrots, potatoes, celery.