Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice). How to make Arroz Con Pollo! Great all in one chicken and rice dish with peppers and olives- great Winter comfort food! Mama's Puerto Rican Chicken and Rice also known as Arroz con Pollo.
Make Arroz con Pollo tonight–everyone loves an easy rice and chicken dish. The Classic Caribbean and Spanish Meal–Arroz con Pollo–is a popular staple in the Caribbean kitchen. Our chicken and rice is extra special with the addition of Sazon GOYA® with Azafran, which adds color. You can have Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice)
- It’s 8 oz of Tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Or 6 oz Sofrito.
- You need 1 envelope of Sazon.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Adobo seasoning.
- You need 1 of as needed Black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of Capers.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of as needed Seedless olives.
- It’s 3 cup of Rice.
- You need 4 cup of Water.
- You need 1 packages of Boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Arroz con pollo (Spanish for rice with chicken) is a traditional dish of Spain and Latin America, closely related to paella. In the Dominican Republic it is alternately called locrio de pollo. Arroz con Pollo is a popular staple in the Caribbean kitchen. Our chicken and rice is extra special with the addition of Sazón GOYA® with Azafrán, which adds color and flavor derived from our unique saffron spice blend.
Arroz Con Pollo (Chicken And Rice) step by step
- Season thawed chicken thighs with adobo seasoning and black pepper– you can use any type of chicken you like.
- Heat oil in medium to large pot – you will use this same pot to cook everything.
- Brown chicken in oil, about 5-7 minutes each side. Once browned on both sides set aside chicken (do not drain oil off chicken).
- In pot add capers to heated oil , i add the capers first so the flavors just burst!.
- Add sofrito, tomato sauce, sazon and olives (i love the green olives with the pimento, i add about 2 tbsp)… Let sauce heat up about 2 minutes, stir frequently.
- Once sauce is heated and mixed together add rice ( any rice will do, i use mahatma jasmine rice) and add water.
- Stir once— you do not want to stir the rice too much as it will become soggy rice.
- Bring to a boil , boil about 5 minutes.. Reduce heat and let simmer until water is absorbed– while the rice is cooking i like to shred up the chicken, for this particular meal i just cut it into small slices.
- You can add the chicken anytime , i like to add mine when the rice is almost done just because it makes for easier cooking time for the rice….
- Remove from heat and enjoy!!!.
Make Arroz con Pollo tonight—everyone loves an easy rice and chicken dish. This recipe for Spanish Arroz con Pollo is a one pot meal that's full of tender chicken thighs, creamy saffron rice and vegetables – the perfect quick and easy dinner! I consider "Arroz con Pollo" (rice with chicken) a Colombian gastronomic classic. I don't think there are two ingredients that go together better than chicken and rice. It's an easy recipe to make, it's tasty, and it yields many portions.