Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian style). Peruvian Arroz con Pollo has no Orange juice or wine on it. Many Peruvians serve this rice with salsa huancaína (spicy cheese sauce), in addition to the traditional salsa criolla. Instead of chicken, you can use duck This dish is one of the favorite staples of Peruvian cuisine, whether it's prepared with duck – which is traditional in northern Peru – or with chicken.
She cooked Arroz con Pollo a la Peru. Peruvian food is a little strange for me. The first dish I had was with raw fish. You can cook Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian style) using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian style)
- Prepare 4 cup of Rice.
- It’s 6 of Chicken thighs and breast.
- You need 2 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 2 of Onions finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 clove of Garlic chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Yellow chilli paste (aji amarillo).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Oil.
- You need 2 cup of Beer.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of Chicken broth or Water.
- It’s 2 bunch of Cilantro leaves.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Frozen peas.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Carrot peeled and diced.
- It’s 3/4 cup of White corn.
- You need 1/2 of Red bell pepper.
- You need 1 of Black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Salt for taste.
I cringed at hearing the words "raw fish" This Mexican version of arroz con pollo includes large cubes of chicken and spicy green chilies. You can substitute mild green pepper if you prefer. Add a little bit of achiote paste to your arroz con pollo to give it an appealing yellow color. Vary the type of chili pepper or bell pepper used—try a red pepper.
Arroz con Pollo (Peruvian style) instructions
- Season the chicken with the black pepper, salt and 1 tsp. cumin.
- In a medium-high heat pan put 2 tblsp of oil and fry the chicken only to seal it. When it is done set it aside..
- On the same pan cook the onions, garlic and the rest of the cumin. Add the yellow chilli, and cook for about 10 min..
- Liquefy the cilantro with a bit of water. Add it to the pan and let it cook for a couple of minutes..
- Then add the peas, bell pepper, white corn and the carrots..
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the beer and then the broth or water. Let it cook for about 30 min..
- When the time has passed, put the remaining oil and the rice in a pot. Take 8 cups of the cilantro broth to cook the rice. Let it cook for 20 min..
- When the rice is ready. Serve it with a piece of chicken..
Arroz Con Pollo is a popular Peruvian Chicken and Rice dish. The rice has a rich green color because is cooked in cilantro. Ingredients and cooking techniques are very similar to the Spanish paella; the richly flavored rice combined with chicken and cilantro give this dish a flavorful finish. Arroz Con Pollo (Peruvian Rice and Chicken) – Delicious Peru Food – Main Dishes -One of the best-known and loved of Literally translated Chicken with Rice, this traditional Peruvian recipe blends several basic ingredients in a unique way and the results are.aromatic, appetizing, and really savory! Arroz con pollo is a staple all across Latin America, and one country's variation can be vastly different from another's.