Cucumber and Korean Nori Seaweed Namul. Great recipe for Cucumber and Korean Nori Seaweed Namul. I was given a lot of Korean nori seaweed as a souvenir. Namul is the Korean macrobiotic way of using minimal spices and sauces to create yummy dishes with vegetables and weeds that gr… Cooked Cucumber Korean Nogak Namul Recipe for using overgrown over ripe cucumbers.
But nori, like any food, isn't good for your health when consumed in excess. A type of dried seaweed that is commonly used in Japanese and Korean cuisine, nori is typically available in thin sheets that are cut or torn into. The seaweed site is a source of general information on all aspects of seaweeds. You can cook Cucumber and Korean Nori Seaweed Namul using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cucumber and Korean Nori Seaweed Namul
- You need 2 of Cucumbers.
- It’s 1/2 clove of Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of big sheet Korean nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 dash of Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Toasted white sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Korean powdered red chilli.
Nori farming in Japan and China is virtually the only case of the large-scale application to mariculture of methods used in agriculture For the Japanese and Korean nori farmer, prosperity has arrived; in the old days the. Cucumber, garlic, green onion, mung bean sprouts, salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds. Cucumber and seaweed sunomono is a simplest side dish which you can make so quickly. Adding dashi stock to the dressing removes the sharp acidity of the vinegar and it is easier to eat.
Cucumber and Korean Nori Seaweed Namul instructions
- Slice the cucumber into thin rounds, rub in the salt, and leave for a while. Squeeze out excess water from the cucumber. Grate the garlic..
- Add the grated garlic, red chili and sesame oil to the cucumber, and massage well by hand. Shred up the Korean nori seaweed, and mix with the cucumber..
- Have a taste, and add a small amount of soy sauce. Sprinkle with the toasted white sesame seeds to finish, and it's done..
Sunomono is like salad in the Western cuisine but usually served with smaller portion than salads. Weed sounds so unappetizing, so unwanted. Yet, seaweed is a terrific food. There are many kinds of seaweed commonly consumed in Japan Nori may be the most familiar seaweed since it's used as a wrapper for sushi. It's usually not cooked, though there are traditional recipes calling for softened nori.