Sushi onigirazu (sushi sandwich). Have you ever heard of onigirazu, also known as a sushi sandwich? As the name suggests, it's a love child of a western Don't be intimidated by the length of this recipe. In my usual style, I went for two different fillings (tofu and sweet potato) in my onigirazu and so I felt the.
Sushi is one of our favourite fast foods, and a lunchtime staple here at olive HQ – thanks to its protein Known as onigirazu in Japan, these rice bundles, wrapped in nori seaweed, are not only (generally) gluten and dairy free, but easily adaptable. Ever heard of onigirazu, a.k.a the sushi sandwich? If you haven't – you have been missing out! You can cook Sushi onigirazu (sushi sandwich) using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sushi onigirazu (sushi sandwich)
- It’s of Sushi rice.
- You need 1 sheet of seaweed.
- It’s 4 of small slices of Cucumber.
- You need of Some Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 Splash of soy sauce.
- Prepare of Chilli powder.
- You need of Crushed seaweed (optional).
Keep the onigirazu in the plastic wrap for a couple of minutes. Gently press down on the onigirazu to help the nori stick to the rice and hold its shape. Fusion food is all the rage, so it is no surprise that sushi sandwiches have made their appearance. You can make them with the same fillings you'd put into a sushi roll, or you can make them more sandwich-like with fillings such as ham and.
Sushi onigirazu (sushi sandwich) step by step
- Cook the sushi rice in a pan, and follow the instructions on the box.
- Lay a sheet of seaweed down and add some rice to the middle.
- Add the soy sauce, chilli powder, cucumber and crushed seaweed on top of the rice.
- Fold in all of the corners of the seaweed as of it was a present.
- Slice in half and enjoy.
Upgrade your lunch with a sushi-style sandwich, made with smoked salmon & pickled cucumber. See more sandwich recipes at Tesco Real Food. Cook the sushi rice according to the packet instructions and keep warm. To assemble, lay a nori sheet (rough side up) on a piece of clingfilm. Meet Onigirazu, the New Sushi Sandwich You Need in Your Life.