Girl's Festival Bento With Easy Onigiri. Inside Japanese Bento Box Culture ft. As a busy mum, we don't want to spend too much time in preparing the lunch box / bento （簡単便当） for the kids to go to the school. A quick tutorial of how to make a cute bento box with onigiri (Japanese rice balls) and fruits in just a few minutes.
Learn how to make adorable panda-shaped onigiri rice balls using this panda onigiri maker, cooked rice and nori on this Emmymade How to: Panda Onigiri on. See more ideas about Japanese bento, Bento, Bento recipes. Boxes/containers, nori stamps, rice molds and wraps. You can have Girl's Festival Bento With Easy Onigiri using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Girl's Festival Bento With Easy Onigiri
- You need 1 of bowl Plain cooked rice.
- It’s 1 of Nori seaweed.
- You need 1 slice of Ham (beer sausage).
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 dash of Ketchup.
- It’s 1 of Sliced cheese.
- Prepare 1 dash of Mayonnaise.
- You need 2 stick of Imitation crab sticks.
- Prepare 1 stick of Uncooked spaghetti.
Turn plain old Japanese rice balls in something extraordinary! Onigiri is perhaps the most common snack here in Japan, with these products you can enjoy it too – wherever you are! Stuffed with a variety of fillings and flavors, Onigiri (Japanese Rice Balls) make an ideal quick snack and are a fun alternative to sandwiches for lunch. If you want to make onigiri for lunch the next day but don't want to wake up early, here's my tip.
Girl's Festival Bento With Easy Onigiri instructions
- Place one imitation crab stick into the bento to represent the doll stand. Shape the cooked rice into a roughly triangle shaped onigiri..
- Cut the ham according to the photo. The slit in the middle doesn't need to be in the shape of the letter "V"..
- Wrap the ham around the onigiri. Fix the edges in place with the pasta. The pasta is still sticking out of this onigiri in the photo to make it easy to understand..
- Peel the cucumber and wrap a slice around the second onigiri. Fix the edges of the cucumber in place in the same way as the ham..
- Use the red part of the imitation crab stick to add a line to the edges of the collars..
- Cut the sliced cheese using a tooth pick. Cut them into the shape of a fan and bat..
- Spread some mayonnaise onto the nori and stick the cheese shapes on top. Cut the nori around the cheese slightly bigger than the original shape..
- Cut the hair like this..
- Fix the hair and accessories onto the onigiri with mayonnaise. I made the nose and eyes with a nori puncher. Use ketchup to draw the cheeks on..
- I decorated the doll stand with sliced cheese and nori cut in the shape of flowers..
You can wrap the finished onigiri (in plastic wrap) with. There are a lot of steps here, but once you have done a couple this way you will be turning out tons of rice balls in no time. If you're going to bring the onigiri on a picnic, just leave it in the plastic wrap, and bring along the nori separately; wrap the onigiri with the crisp nori. I´m a german Bento-loving girl with a japanese husband and two kids. Well, I tried making onigiri from refrigerated sticky rice; I warmed it up first so it came out fairly well.