Breakfast Mess. Breakfast Mess Whenever my family goes camping (which is a lot!), this wonderful filling breakfast really gets the day going. Everyone who's tried this "Anderson Family Special" agrees that it's the best. In a large frying pan cook sausage until brown.
It's easy to make and perfect for a large crowd. I found this breakfast mess recipe in one of the cooking magazines G brought home one day and I just had to try it. This is one of the easiest and tastiest breakfasts to make. You can have Breakfast Mess using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Breakfast Mess
- You need 1 lb of Mild Jimmy Dean Sausage.
- You need 1/2 packages of Ore'Ida Hash Browns. (thin cut works best).
- Prepare 3 slice of Pepperjack cheese (or whatever is your favorite!).
- It’s 1/2 packages of Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 3 of Eggs.
It's hearty, full of protein and very filling. Actually, I like this for supper, too. Your kids will even love it! My husband and I dreamed this up when we first moved in together.
Breakfast Mess step by step
- Cook sausage on medium heat until thoroughly cooked, but not browned.
- Add hashbrowns to sausage and cook until done. (You can cook longer if you like them browned like I do).
- Add eggs and cook approx. 4 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked. Keep turning the mixture while cooking to "scramble" the eggs..
- Layer cheeses on top and allow a few minutes for them to melt..
- Dish out and enjoy!.
This is optional too but I love the flavor it gives to the breakfast mess. Cut bacon and sausage into bite size pieces. Whatever bacon or sausage you prefer. I use very lean bacon and link sausage. Cook: Put oil into large skillet with high sides.