Ray's Southern Sausage & Gravy. Dirty rice recipe – super easy, fast, one skillet dinner / supper. This dish has peppers, onions, sausage, rice, and seasonings! There are those recipes that are hallmarks of The South's comfort food.
Good Food, Good Folks and a Good Time! Smoked Chicken, Shrimp & Smoked Beef Sausage Jambalaya. I love Sausage gravy and biscuits! You can cook Ray's Southern Sausage & Gravy using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ray's Southern Sausage & Gravy
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground sausage I like fresh & jimmy dean spicy.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of onion flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parsley flakes.
- You need 1 of couple dashes tabasco hot sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sage.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
DH was not a big fan until I made this. Serve this wonderful Southern-style gravy over hot split and buttered buttermilk biscuits. Evergreen is the seat of Conecuh County, which is an important fact, because if you say the word Conecuh to pretty much anyone in Alabama, their eyes will likely light up. Sausage gravy is one of those dishes that is so basic, you don't even need a recipe.
Ray's Southern Sausage & Gravy step by step
- add milk & cream to a pot scald the milk set aside..
- start by browning your sausage with onion flakes. cook down remove from pan set aside. leave atleast 2tbspn of fat in there..
- now to pot add flour making a rue, add your scalded milk & all seasonings, add sausage back in stir till thickened. serve over biscuits..
But it's also one of those dishes that, in the age of everything being bigger, bolder, and more unique, tends to get lost in. It's perfect + and I love it. Whenever I don't have anything planned for Anyway, I love keeping sausages like Kielbasa in the freezer because they are pre-cooked and thaw. This is pretty far from your typical cake recipe… Case in point, this southern sausage cake. It's stuffed to the brim with veggies, sausage and cheese, plus it's just the.