Coconut Zenzai with Kabocha Shiratama.
You can have Coconut Zenzai with Kabocha Shiratama using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Coconut Zenzai with Kabocha Shiratama
- It’s 100 grams of Kabocha squash.
- It’s 50 grams of Shiratamako.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of Water.
- You need 50 ml of ☆Coconut milk.
- It’s 50 ml of ☆Milk.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ☆Sugar.
- Prepare 50 grams of Boiled adzuki beans.
- You need 1 of Candied chestnuts.
- You need 1 of Cinnamon.
Coconut Zenzai with Kabocha Shiratama instructions
- Make the shiratama. Peel and remove the seeds from the kabocha, cut into bite sized chunks, and microwave for at 600 W for 3 minutes or until soft. Mash..
- In another bowl, add the shiratamako and mash from Step 1, then knead while gradually adding water. Once it's come together into a soft dough, form into bite-sized balls and create small wells in the center..
- Add Step 2 into a pot of boiling water. Once they float to the surface, cook for 1 more minute, then transfer to ice water. Drain..
- Combine all the ☆ ingredients in a pot and cook on low, stirring frequently, until the sugar dissolves..
- Transfer to a bowl and cool in an ice bath..
- Pour Step 5 into a bowl and add in the shiratama from Step 3. Garnish with adzuki beans and candied chestnuts, and dust with cinnamon..
- Alternative method: In Step 4, stir milk, coconut milk, and 50 g of adzuki beans together and heat. In this method, you can leave out the ☆ sugar..
- Pour Step 5 into a bowl and add the shiratama from Step 3. Garnish with candied chestnuts, etc. It tastes great with the adzuki milk..