Coffee Pudding Adzuki Shiratama.
You can cook Coffee Pudding Adzuki Shiratama using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coffee Pudding Adzuki Shiratama
- You need 500 ml of Milk (thick milk if you can).
- Prepare of ↑ You can also swap out about 200 ml of this with heavy cream. It will turn out rich..
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Corn starch.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 3 tbsp of Instant coffee.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Rum (optional).
- It’s 15 of Shiratama rice dumplings (shiratamako + 50 ml water).
- You need 1 of Boiled adzuki beans (canned adzuki beans).
Coffee Pudding Adzuki Shiratama instructions
- Place the corn starch into a sauce pan, and stir in the milk a bit at a time so that there are no lumps. Add the rest of the remaining milk, the sugar, and turn on the heat. Stir with an egg beater while heating. After it has warmed up, add the coffee as well and stir some more..
- Boil it down until it thickens. Add rum as well, and stir in. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let it cool completely. After it has cooled, stir well with an egg beater. If you do this, it will become thick and smooth..
- Pour Step 2 into cups. After pouring it, place into the fridge for 3~4 hours to completely cool. Make the shiratama rice dumplings while it is chilling. I made the rice dumplings with 60g of shiratama flour and 50ml water. This is the normal way of making them. You just simply boil them..
- After the cups from Step 3 have chilled well and solidified, top with the boiled adzuki beans and shiratama rice dumplings, and it is done. The adzuki and coffee go well together! The thick smoothness is delicious..
- If you are not eating this right away after making the shiratama rice dumplings, they will harden in the fridge so be careful. I recommend leaving them to sit at room temperature..
- If you replace 200ml of the 500ml milk for heavy cream, then it will become an even richer and smoother pudding . I recommend it for guests ..