Tri-Color Dango Dumplings For Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom Viewing. So it seems like spring is finally here and what better way to celebrate the coming of warmer weather and cherry blossoms than by making a traditional Hanami (cherry blossom viewing) favourite: dango! Even if you prepare only white dango, they will be good to serving during the moon viewing festival. Sweet Japanese dumplings, or dango, are bite-size balls of mochi rice often seen in cafes or at festivals.
For cherry blossom viewing (Hanami), make these popular spring-theme foods and go picnic The Japanese highly anticipate the beginning day of blossoms in their region monitoring the daily Hanami (花見), or cherry blossom viewing, has been Japan's tradition from as early as the Nara. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. Shutterstock Editor Mobile apps Plugins Image resizer File converter Collage maker Color schemes. You can have Tri-Color Dango Dumplings For Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom Viewing using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tri-Color Dango Dumplings For Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom Viewing
- Prepare 2 of Potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Katakuriko.
- You need 1 of Decofuri (colored rice seasonings) or food colourings.
Tri-Color Dango Dumplings For Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom. Strawberry Tang Yuan Dango (Sticky Rice Dumplings) These sweet sticky rice dumplings are a cross between dango and tang yuan. · Easy homemade chilled fruit jelly dessert, perfect for cooling down from a hot day and impress your friends with this colorful treat. Hanami (花見, "flower viewing") is the Japanese traditional custom of enjoying the transient beauty of flowers; flowers ("hana") are in this case almost always referring to those of the cherry ("sakura") or.
Tri-Color Dango Dumplings For Girl's Day or Cherry Blossom Viewing step by step
- Peel the potatoes, cut into bite-sized piece, and boil..
- Transfer into a bowl, and mash with a masher..
- Add the salt and katakuriko, and mix evenly. Divide into 3 portions..
- Color one portion pink with "decofuri" rice seasoning or food coloring. Leave one portion as is. Color the remaining portion green with "decofuri." You can use natural substitutes like spinach, instead..
- Roll into small pieces so that you can skewer 3 colors on a toothpick..
- Skewer one by one with a toothpick..
- Shallow-fry with a generous amount of oil! It makes the dango dumplings crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside!.
Spring cherry blossoms in Hagley Park, Christchurch. There are lots of ideas we should steal from Japan. Premium flower viewing spots can be found all over the country, in the grounds of historic castles, temples Then you settle in for the day, with plenty of drinks and snacks to keep you going. Sweet dumplings made from rice flour. Japanese sweets for sakura season." can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license.