Chewy Tofu Shiratama.
You can have Chewy Tofu Shiratama using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chewy Tofu Shiratama
- Prepare 80 grams of Shiratamako.
- It’s 80 grams of Tofu (silken).
- You need 1 of Kinako.
Chewy Tofu Shiratama step by step
- Combine the tofu with the shiratamako and knead until it's about the texture of your earlobes..
- Please add water if it's too tough, or add shiratamako if too soft..
- Roll it up into bite-sized balls, and slightly dent the middle (take 10 g each to make equally sized balls)..
- Cook the shiratama in boiling water and wait until they float to the top..
- Leave the shiratama boiling for another 1-2 minutes once they float to the top. Cool in ice water once they're done..
- Enjoy with kinako or other seasoning of your choice..
- Variation: I topped these shiratama with homemade "anko" (sweet red bean paste)..
- Here, I placed them on a skewer for mitarashi dumpling balls. (Mitarashi sauce – https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/150929-homemade-mitarashi-sauce.