Matcha shiratama Mizu Yōkan ; Wagashi. Yamazaki Yōkan Uji MIzu Matcha Wagahi Sweet jelly Green tea Cake Japanese Japan. The base layer is mizu yokan, which is basically red bean paste (anko) agar-agar. If I want to make Siberia cake, should I use yokan or mizuyokan?
There are several flavor varieties of yokan and mizu yokan. Examples of additional ingredients include foods such as chopped chestnuts, sweet potato, and fruits. Imo-yokan is a popular souvenir from Tokyo. You can cook Matcha shiratama Mizu Yōkan ; Wagashi using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Matcha shiratama Mizu Yōkan ; Wagashi
- You need 2 g of Agar ager.
- Prepare 100 ml of Water for Mizu Yōkan.
- You need 200 g of Koshian (bean jam).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Kuro mitsu (brown sugar syrup).
- Prepare 50 g of Shiratama ko (glutinous rice flour).
- Prepare 2 g of Matcha.
- You need 50-60 ml of Water for Shiratama.
It is a yokan made using sweet potato. Yōkan: Mizu Yōkan is a wonderful refreshment and dessert made from Anko and agar-agar. Yōkan (羊羹) is a thick, jellied Japanese dessert made of red bean paste, agar, and sugar. It is usually sold in a block form, and eaten in slices.
Matcha shiratama Mizu Yōkan ; Wagashi instructions
- Ingredients for 6 cups.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Kuro-mitsu (brown sugar syrup) into 200g of Koshi an (bean jam). Mix them well..
- <<Make Mizu Yōkan>> Knead 2g of Matcha with a little water..
- Mix the Matcha and 50g of shiratama ko. Mix them as adding water..
- Add water and mix it until it becomes as soft as an earlobe. Divide it into 18. Make each one round and squash little..
- Put them into boiling water. Boil them until coming up to the hot water's surface. Take them out. (leave spaces between each other).
- <<Make Mizu Yōkan>> Put 100ml of water in a pot. Add 2g of agar ager and mix them. Heat it up on a medium flame to boiling..
- Turn down the flame. Simmer it for 2min. Pour the agar liquid into the Koshian mixture. Mix them quickly..
- Pour the half of the Koshian mixture into 6 cups..
- Put 2 Match shiratama into each molds. (Get the hands wet before touch the shiratama.) Pour the rest of the Koshian mixture. Put 1 Match shiratama on the top of the each. Set them. Enjoy it cooled. ※Don't leave them long or Shiratama (mochi) become hardened..
Youkan is a Japanese sweets made from azuki bean jam and kanten. Mizu Youkan is softer type for summer. Customers who viewed this item also viewed. Flavor:Mizu Yokan Matcha & Kinako Kuromitsu. Mizu yokan is a light Japanese summer dessert made with red bean paste and agar-agar.