Steamed and Delicious Basic White Dango.
You can cook Steamed and Delicious Basic White Dango using 2 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Steamed and Delicious Basic White Dango
- It’s 150 grams of Joshinko flour.
- You need 180 ml of Boiling water.
Steamed and Delicious Basic White Dango instructions
- Put joshinko flour in a bowl, pour boiling water in one go and mix with a rice spatula. When the dough has slightly cool down, knead with your hands. The best softness is to make it soft as an earlobe..
- Roll out Step 1 into a rod like shape and cut it into 20 pieces while wetting the knife after each cutting..
- With moisten hands form into balls. It will be difficult to shape the pieces round if you use too much water..
- Line the steamer filled with boiling water with wet kitchen towel ( a big one ). Line the dango in the steamer leaving some space in between each other..
- Cover the dango loosely with the kitchen towel. Cover the steamer with a lid and steam on high for 10 minutes..
- After steaming, quickly fan the dango with a fan to let them become shiny..
- Wet your hands while lining them leaving space in between, and let them cool down..
- Enjoy the white dango dumplings with soy sauce-based topping, anko or kinako. The picture shows green soy beans kinako with sugar from Yokohama Gumyouji shrine..
- When making mitarashi-dango, divide the dango dough into 16 pieces. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153035-mitarashi-dango.
- I made the dango for the autumnal equinox and offered them to our ancestors..