Matcha Dango With Sweet Milk Sauce. Mix Flour and Matcha Powder, add warn water gradually, and knead to achieve the firmness. Matcha flavour and White Chocolate flavour go very well together. My favourite type of Dango is 'Kusa Dango' and they are very green because.
Dango are sweet Japanese rice dumplings that come in various flavors, such as red bean paste (anko), green tea, and soy sauce syrup. They are a rather casual and everyday kind of traditional Japanese sweet that goes very well with green tea, especially matcha tea. Shiratama Dango is a type of mochi made with sweet rice flour. You can cook Matcha Dango With Sweet Milk Sauce using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Matcha Dango With Sweet Milk Sauce
- Prepare 1 cup of Glutinous Rice Flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Rice Flour.
- Prepare 1-2 teaspoons of Matcha Powder *I used 1 teaspoon for the above photo.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Warm Water *approximately.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare of Chopped Roasted Nuts *e.g. Peanuts, Almonds, Pistachio, etc.
- You need of <Sauce>.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk *OR Milk of your choice.
- You need 1/4 cup of Sweet Condensed Milk.
- Prepare of *Note: If you don’t have Sweet Condensed Milk, add 1-2 tablespoons Sugar and extra Milk.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 of & 1/2 teaspoons Corn Starch Flour.
To make your own shiratama dango, mix the Matcha mille crepe cake is a gorgeous cake made with thin stacked layers of buttery crepes, with If you would like to add some more sweetness, pour a little bit of maple syrup over the mochi. Dango is a general name for small ball-shaped mochi dumplings. Usually the mochi itself is not sweetened, but toppings and sauces are. Dango can be made from different types of flour like Mochiko or Shiratamako which are made from sweet rice, and Joshinko from Japanese sticky rice.
Matcha Dango With Sweet Milk Sauce step by step
- Make milk sauce first. Place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the sauce thickens, OR place in a heat-proof bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minutes and extra time until the sauce thickens..
- Mix Flour and Matcha Powder, add warn water gradually, and knead to achieve the firmness of dough is same as firmness of your earlobe. (*This is traditionally taught.) It is a bit dry to the touch. Make about 2cm balls OR 3cm discs..
- Cook the dumplings in plenty of rapidly boiling water. When the dumplings are floating, cook a few more minutes, then drain and place them in icy cold water to cool..
- Place the dumplings in a bowl, pour the milk sauce, scatter some chopped nuts on top..
Mitarashi Kushi Dango is a traditional wagashi (Japanese sweet). Round dumplings are generally called dango, and kushi dango means skewered sweet dumplings. These kushi dangos are coated with a sweet soy sauce are called mitarashi. I love making Matcha tea lattes as a part of my morning routine, and I have spent plenty of time playing with ingredients to come up with some delicious variations. I'm looking to get into matcha but I'm a little put off by how expensive it seems relative to other forms of tea.