A Touch of Japan: Mitarashi Dango to Make Even when Abroad.
You can have A Touch of Japan: Mitarashi Dango to Make Even when Abroad using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of A Touch of Japan: Mitarashi Dango to Make Even when Abroad
- You need of Mitarashi syrup.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 50 ml of Water.
- You need 1 tsp of plus Katakuriko.
- You need of Dango dumpling.
- Prepare 120 grams of Mochiko.
- You need 80 grams of Rice flour.
- It’s 110 ml of Water.
A Touch of Japan: Mitarashi Dango to Make Even when Abroad step by step
- The right is rice flour. In Canada, you can buy it at Bulk Barn or health food stores in your area. The bag on the right is glutinous rice flour. It usually says 水磨糯米粉 in Chinese..
- Add all ingredients for the dango into a bowl. Add water in small batches and knead until it becomes soft like earlobes..
- Roll the dough into small balls around the same size. So cute!.
- Add all ingredients for the mitarashi sauce into a microwave safe bowl. Mix each time in 30 second increments. Repeat until the sauce becomes transparent..
- Boil water in a pot. Add the dango from Step 3 and boil. It's cooked when the dango floats up to the top, so scoop it up..
- Serve with lots of sauce from Step 4 and enjoy. They'll look cute if you roll them on a plate, or if you can place them on a bamboo skewer to imitate store-bought dango. I didn't have skewers around this time, so I served them with toothpicks. They look adorable presented this way, too..